Crosswind intake

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:scratch: Thought I saw a thread on this before,but could'nt find it. Is anyone using the Professional Products Crosswind intake,and if so,what are you thoughts? Just curious,as they are quite a bit cheaper than an Eddy. Just wondering how they would compare. :-k

The Crosswind is what summit uses as the 'Summit Brand' intakes. So ebay of course is cheaper than summit. I've heard good and bad things on them, some have no complaints, some have sealing issues. Hit or miss it seems.

Some pros of them, magnum/la heads bolt up, and the rear coolant passages at the heads are drilled/tapped if you want to make those rear ports functional. Personally, I'll stick with the American made brand and go with the Eddie. just my 2cents.

I have one, comparing it to Eddie, it doesn't look very different. Sorry, can't tell ya on performance, car's still being worked on.

I have one on my 360 with magnum heads. Fit and finish are good, I had no issues with sealing. Can't comment on perfromance because I built the engine and installed that intake so I have no comparison reference. But, my engine runs very well, I built and engine to maximize power between 1500 and 6000 rpm and the engine fits that bill in spades. Didn't have it dyno'd but based on 102 mph trap speeds in the 1/4 it's around 370 HP.

A lot of people say it's a cheap knock off of the Edelbrock Air-Gap but looking at the two manifolds side by side they do not look any more alike than any two similar manifolds from different manufacturers.

FWIW, Weiand just introduced an Air-Gap style manifold for small blocks call Air-Strike, don't think they have one for mopar yet but this two looks very similar to the Air-Gap

-
Back