CSR Performance Products Scattershield Clearance Issues

-

SoulShaker

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry for another question. As I stated in my previous post, I'm putting together a '69 Dart big block Dart bracket race car. The car has a CSR Performance Products Scattershield. I installed the engine and trans combined from underneath for the initial install and was able to make it work. Fast forward to the first start of the new engine. Once I put the car in gear, I got a leak out of the bellhousing. Awesome, so now the trans has to come back out. I'm curious if anyone has successfully removed the trans only or does the combined motor/trans have to come back out? The top two bolts are the hex cap screws from the CSR kit so I'm not sure how to remove. Can't get a hex key from above because not enough clearance between bellhousing and firewall. Not sure if I can access from the underneath or if I have to cut access holes in the firewall. Any advice would be helpful.

csr836-super-shield-chrysler-big-block-727-torqueflite.jpg

Drop the tail shaft down with the crossmember out of the way might make it possible to get the top bolts out

Can you unbolt trans crossmember and lower transmission tailshaft enough to
get a allen head socket with a extension on it.

Or cut a couple small holes in floorboard and replace them with a plate to get from drivers
area.

Someone beat my post by a few seconds!

Access holes are the only way to go in my opinion. That's the route I went on my '66 Dart. I also went with socket cap bolts on those top two to make it easier to feed the bolts through. Makes taking the transmission out a whole lot easier, especially in an early A body.

Yeah, a removable tunnel with Dzus fasteners is the best option, no argument there!

Just an ole racecar…. All my fasteners with either CSR shields were 12 point.

IMG_5517.jpeg

That installation looks really slick! Is that cover a piece of stainless?

Like the others said ... access holes in the firewall / floor the bolts are hard to get at with the CSR shield even with my small block / 904

-
Back