Cuda is MISSING.....?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
So, the transporter picked up my Cuda last Wednesday, 2 days after they assured me they would be there.......First it was Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday........Finally it was off to Florida........

I was told they'd be AT MY HOUSE on Friday or Saturday, and that the driver would call me personally........No calls........I called the dispatch here in Florida (Z-Best-Auto Transport) and talked to Mario, the guy that I made the deal with (they have a good rating, and a good rate)..He tells me, "I thought you'd have had the car by now....." Yeah, I thought so too.......

He said he'd check it out. No call back. I send 2 e-mails directly to him, which he always answers....no return e-mails......no messages, no contact whatever.

Sunday now goes by..........Guess what.......No car, no e-mails, no phone messages, no nuthin'...........

I REALLY don't like it when someone tells you something and then just blows it off like it doesn't matter..........There is NO excuse for this unprofessional bull.......Even when you're SO CAREFUL to check their credentials and ratings, you can be treated like you don't even exist.

I haven't yet told him that I moderate on FBBO and am a member of FABO and FEBO as well........I wonder how many enthusiasts are represented between the 3 sites that are gonna get a complete review of this company's handling of this transport?

I probably should have divulged that first off.......Maybe I'd have gotten better treatment........I'm tellin' ya', I am REALLY annoyed with this guy and his company right now........I don't know if my car has been wrecked or left to sit in a yard somewhere........HARD to take right now.

car 019.jpg

Wow, I feel for you...so you bought it from someone in Florida? Thats yours on the trailer? Who took the pic? When you get in touch with dispatch I would ask for the truck drivers cell number. Maybe with it being on a weekend dispatch isnt there?? Come Monday she will be there and it will be just like Christmas morning for ya!

Sorry to hear of your problem with your car. Where was the car being transported from? I'm asking because a lot of these car hauling companies will try to coordinate drop offs along the way to conserve expenses. I would give this guy Mario 24 hrs to email back then try again. Maybe he is calling on his end and has nothing yet to report back to you. I too get PO'd when people tell me something and they don't do it. I know you have a lot of money on the line here, both in your auto and car hauling expenses, so I would be on edge myself. If you don't get some answers soon that satisfy you then I would be on the phone with the police. I don't trust anyone nowadays.

I feel your pain. Waiting and not knowing is hard on the patience. Transportreviews.com says good things about them, hard to find anything bad, I hope this is not the one to go sideways.

How far away is it? 4 days in transport does not sound too bad, especially with a weekend in the calender, but not knowing/not telling where your car is at any time is not good news. Hope they come clean.

Yeah, it's not the amount of time.........it's the LACK of communication......we've called the drivers cell phone too, and he doesn't return the calls.......

"Say one thing and do another" just does NOT fly when they have your classic on their trailer, and you have no idea where it is, and it's 2 to 3 days late........

(it started in NY and is coming to Florida.....hopefully)

I was told they'd be AT MY HOUSE on Friday or Saturday, and that the driver would call me personally........No calls........I called the dispatch here in Florida (Z-Best-Auto Transport) and talked to Mario, the guy that I made the deal with (they have a good rating, and a good rate)..He tells me, "I thought you'd have had the car by now....." Yeah, I thought so too.......

I always get concerned when the ones in charge have no clue! Even if he doesn't have an answer, a courtesy call to that effect (he didn't want to get crap! face it!) might have settle you down a tad. it will end well I hope!
good luck

Auto transport companies are notorious for not picking up or delivering on time. If you find one that actually does please spread the word. It looks like 5 stops to make before your Barracuda reaches its destination. En route to its destination they`ll probably pick up additional cars along the way. Car transport trucks are much like ships, they`re only making money when they`re loaded (preferably fully loaded) so they keep them as full as possible which leads to delays in delivery and pick-up. You`re right though, there`s no excuse to not return your calls or correspondence.

did you get your cuda yet? or a straight answer on it's whereabouts:angry7:
good luck, I hope it's home soon.

This would drive me crazy:angry7::angry7::angry7:
I hope Tom has herd something today, there is no excuse for this :angry7:

my old neighbor has shipped several cars. company he used needed at least a 7 day "window" for pickup/delivery. he went on a 2 week vacation once, leaving the car that they were picking up in my driveway before he left. car was still there when he got back. took them 4 weeks to get the car from AZ to Oregon.....

If the car is on his trailor , he is 100% responsible.
I dont think he can afford to pay you for a (( lost )) car.
Good luck .

Another morning passed with no word from the driver, the trucking company, or the transport broker. Not a single word.

I called the trucking company in NY directly, and asked that they track down my car........They couldn't contact the driver either, so had to call the transport broker (Z-Best-Auto Transport in Florida).......They came back to the phone (after a long hold) and told me that the broker stated my car was "in Florida", and was scheduled for a Tuesday delivery.

I commented that the driver stated delivery would be Friday or Saturday........they state the driver was out of line, and shouldn't have said that.......

Again here's the problem.......The driver was the ONLY one who told us ANYTHING. The car was not delivered as stated, so we asked where it was.........no contact from the broker.......no answer from the driver.......we called the hauler, and they state they agreed to a "5 to 6 day delivery"..........Funny though, it doesn't say that on our invoice, and the driver stated otherwise.........If it was the drivers misquote, WHY then didn't the hauling company tell me "how long" ? And if it wasn't the place of the hauler to tell me, why didn't the broker?

The broker just responded to my e-mail.......He said that he understands I talked to the hauler, and said "sorry for the delay".

So, I guess 2 of them agree it was a "delay"......The broker, and the driver.

Why can't people just pick up a phone ? :angry7:

I had a similar problem when having a car shipped from Alabama to Toronto,Ontario.Paid up front for car,transporting and also a broker to do all the paperwork for border crossing.Well I,m waiting for the car to be delivered to my driveway,the transporter had dropped the car off at the border.Why?The broker didn,t send the paperwork to the border 72 hrs prier to crossing?Isn,t this what I paid to have done?WTF?Now a new company(Canadian side)had picked the car up after it sitting at the border for 10 days and took it to there inpound 40 mins away from my house.I had to go with my car trailer in a snow storm to pick it up?They wanted money for 10 days storage at the border?Broker can pay for that.Anyway got the car home,but wow what an experience.Sorry for long rant,but I feel for you.It,ll work out in the end for you.Good Luck.:clock:

It just gets better...........

I was told the driver would call me this evening to confirm the delivery and time frame for Tuesday............

........it's 7:30.........still waitin'............:clock:

Oh boy...Pastortom1 is losing his patience...dont they know WHO is on his side? This could be bad for the driver...

hoping this goes your way Tom....i'd be pacing a hole in my flooring....

Good luck. I hope everything comes threw without any other problems.

I got a funny feelin' the truck driver is gonna get treated the same way UPS got treated up here!! Hang in there Tom!

.....well, it's 9:30, and I believe by all accounts, the evening is officially OVER.

No phone call.

I'm gonna crash now, and hope they call me TOMORROW........

These people are really professional, ain't they?

Z-Best Auto Transport of Florida. Z-Best ? You decide.

What a joke that company is...Nice communication from the driver......NOT... I hope it all works out... Make sure you check that car over good before you sign off from it..

tfx international out of toronto. no issues one truck pick up one truck delivery. gives you a date and both times I have used they were dead on. oh total time 14-16 days from booking. I paid more than some might, but I had no issues! worth their wait in gold!

I wish you luck. Hopefully it will be home tommorow. I can say that I used Reliable Transport and had exellent service. The driver called me several times during the process. I will use them again without any concearn

Man I feel for you, took me 3 months and I fired 4 companies to get my 70 Cuda from MO to Cody WY buddy!

I too went through this same broker and the comapny they finally hired after the other 4 were flakes were pretty much on the up and up. Driver called and it must have been his Wife on a daily basis, turns out long story short it still took them 10 days and not 5 from MO to WY but he had a issue with his truck and appologized and it did seem for real.

In fact his Wife could not even reach him for a day and 1/2 he was stuck in a dead zone in NE.

Anyway he did drive like hell and dropped the car off after driving over 700 miles in a day made it here around 10PM at nigt on a lite snowing windy as heck night in the single digits.

Car was OK he was OK, wish the broker would have picked them 1st too.

Hell I even paid $500 over the going rate and was not even able to get a closed trailer! Really sucked the entire process :(

I swear I was going to get a trailer in MO and tow the dam car back with my own truck.

That brings me to this thought.

I wish we had an east, west cost and a and central based driver that was on an approved list for the FABO, etc.

may I am sorry, it is a Pi$$$r I know! Prayers for you, it really bites I know took 3 months and a lot of money for the car, and a lot to ship and hell we are the customer right... what the hell over... They act like they are doing you a favor.

Well I feel sometimes that many of the wrong people are out of work. Wish all the jerks were jobless so they could get a feel .

So, the transporter picked up my Cuda last Wednesday, 2 days after they assured me they would be there.......First it was Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday........Finally it was off to Florida........

He said he'd check it out. No call back. I send 2 e-mails directly to him, which he always answers....no return e-mails......no messages, no contact whatever.

Sunday now goes by..........Guess what.......No car, no e-mails, no phone messages, no nuthin'...........

I REALLY don't like it when someone tells you something and then just blows it off like it doesn't matter..........There is NO excuse for this unprofessional bull.......Even when you're SO CAREFUL to check their credentials and ratings, you can be treated like you don't even exist.

I haven't yet told him that I moderate on FBBO and am a member of FABO and FEBO as well........I wonder how many enthusiasts are represented between the 3 sites that are gonna get a complete review of this company's handling of this transport?

I probably should have divulged that first off.......Maybe I'd have gotten better treatment........I'm tellin' ya', I am REALLY annoyed with this guy and his company right now........I don't know if my car has been wrecked or left to sit in a yard somewhere........HARD to take right now.

Tar & Feather!!!
I'm so sorry to hear.
I would even check the milage when you finally get it too.
Good Luck sir and keep us posted.

-
Back