Current carb dips....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old Holley 750... What's the latest, on GOOD carb dips, like the old Berryman's B 13? Share, and thanks in advance...

Things have changed so much with EPA issues I don't know. I always thought the Berryman's was good. I used to use "Mechanic's Brand" in a blue and white can.

As above, as a spray, Berkebile 2+2 Gum Cutter was a great cleaner, but not available in a can as a dip. It may not be the same product these days, it is touted as non-
chlorinated, but the rest of the formulation is a ???? I used Gunk brand recently, it did a decent job, albeit a tad slowly. There were some "crusties" that refused to give
& required some extra attn., but considering the carb. sat unused & a combo of corrosion & varnish/deposits festered for 18 years, it did OK.

Lol I thought it was Berrymans b12 back in the day.

B1 ought to be ******* amazing.

I use the cheapest spray stuff from AutoZone, supreme
Seems to work well but not being able to dip sucks.

The old Berrymans would just dissolve the whole carb. Then you didn't have to worry about it. lol

Lol I thought it was Berrymans b12 back in the day.

B1 ought to be ******* amazing.

I use the cheapest spray stuff from AutoZone, supreme
Seems to work well but not being able to dip sucks.

B1 sucks because it's just diluted lemon coolaid. :D
B13 would probably eat your hands down to the bone before you could get to the sink.

Yea, it's B12 and what I have always used.

I'm considering buying a used ultrasonic cleaner from eBay. While a bit pricey they are supposed to clean second to none. I've heard that simple green purple cleaner is suppose to work very well.

I did that. Paid $80 for it. Can't fit entire carb in it, It works good. Not great but good.I think the volume is 3L

I'm considering buying a used ultrasonic cleaner from eBay. While a bit pricey they are supposed to clean second to none. I've heard that simple green purple cleaner is suppose to work very well.

I have an ultrasonic 10L cleaner. It will fit a whole carburetor. It works pretty good. I am still gettin used to it. I have had the best success so far with soap and water.

ultrasonic wont clean some crusties off, heck it wont even clean grease off without using pine-sol. old Berrymans would take the gold right off a Holley. Many just use 1:1 Pine-Sol or Simple green over night. Or you could go really cheapo and buy the .99cent store yellow degreaser stuff.

Last edited:
Original Hydro Seal was the cats ***. The Newer Hydro Seal II is pure junk. I just bought one a while back and it is weak to say the least. I wind up using brake cleaner to get the parts clean after it has sat 24 hrs in the tank.

My new rig consist of a flea market Wok sitting on a small tabletop paper jogger. Its kinda gangsta looking but it works Ok.... Still in need of a good chemical though... Will post pictures later.

JW

When I was " taught carberation" (mid 80's...) a pump , with " agitation tank".. was the word.(a submersible tank, with an electric 110v motor , running in cycles , up and down....)... I don't need one , here... just sharing history...:0

Believe it or not I use tidy bowl liquid from the dollar store works fantastic have to make sure it is 100% rinsed off or it will eat aluminum.

I just did my Carter 4933S and boiled it in white vinegar on my outside grill burner. my pan would only do half the carb at a time so i boiled each for an hour or so. I finished it off with a blast from my pressure washer and let everything air dry. I have used this method for years.
Jerry
20170515_181403[1].jpg

-
Back