Custom dash mark II

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
Some pics of progress on the dash panel for my right hand drive 68 cuda. I had a Rocky Mountain dash, but was never 100% happy with it - it looked ... too simple, I suppose. I've always preferred the more intricate look and style of the factory dash so I've made myself something a little closer to the original layout, using 3 mm aluminium. When finished the face of the panel will be black wrinkle finish, with the large 4.5 inch "barrels" polished as now, together with the upper indented portion. The Classic Instruments "G Stock" speedo will be joined in the 4.5 inch opening by a matching tach (quad gauge there now just for mock up) with 4 accessory gauges mounted on angled bezels to place them on the correct eye line. The large gauges are mounted behind the barrels so that only the face of the gauge can be seen (ie. not the gauge bezel itself) for a more OEM look. It's been a labour of love, and surprisingly not as difficult as I'd imagined, doing all cutting by hand (with the exception of the barrels, which I had to have milled down to achieve an angled cut). My welding sucks so I wont show you the back of the panel, but fortunately 3 mm aluminium didnt prove too hard to weld. Will post more pics as the panel is completed over the next week or so.

CIMG1579.JPG

CIMG1576.JPG

CIMG1581.JPG

CIMG1573.JPG

Wow, that looks real good to me. That takes tallent let me know when you start taking orders LOL.

i seriously in the need for a custom dash now that i have my auto meter gauges...

Looks really nice!!! Maybe the start of a new small business for you judging by the initial reaction.

-
Back