Cutting holes in my hood

-

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
On another thread I got some info on how to help as I plan to make cut the holes in my hood to make the scoops on my Duster fuctional. I believe the holes are a 4" diameter. I am hoping someone can tell me where I can get the grommets that fit into the holes?

Ther was talks before on here about , the gromets for sealed beam units for float trailers the rubbers fit perfect i guess , there was guys using them .

Robj... take a good look at those seals and you will notice that they are exactly the same as the ones I posted. That guy is making a $28 profit... probably more if he buys them in bulk.

you can still gt them from some one . I just got a set in a car I bought the were new in a bag. Try ,, Dantes mopar

Robj... take a good look at those seals and you will notice that they are exactly the same as the ones I posted. That guy is making a $28 profit... probably more if he buys them in bulk.

Yeah, I don't know. Guy with a Demon at a show out here was saying they wouldn't fit his 4" holes without considerably resizing them with a die grinder. Not the end of the world I guess. If I was cutting new holes, I'd measure the i.d. of the grommet's groove with a caliper just to make sure.

Has anyone had experience with both? I don't mind paying the extra if the $30 set has a better fit, but if they are both the same, 95 cents works

I bought these from Hoover Auto Parts, Idaho. I got these on their Ebay store but I check their web site (www.hooverautoparts.com) and couldn't seem to find any right now. Might be worth sending him an email to see if their getting more. They weren't cheap at $40.00 but seem to be nice pieces.

Attachments

• Gaskets.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 226
Just remember that these seals aren't just for looks. The tall side goes up and keeps water streaming up your hood from dripping in on top of your engine! That is to say the slit where the sheet metal goes should be offset to one side.

Rumor has it that the original idea was to have a plastic piece that plugged into the oval holes in a 70 340 air cleaner and sealed to a rubber grommet in the holes, but it never made it to production. Now talk about a neat product to develop and offer...

-
Back