Daily Insight

-

KP

Reaction score
"No person who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is left long without proper reward. "

-- Booker T. Washington, educator

If you have a problem fix it, If there is nothing you can do to fix a problem, it's not a problem 8). move on and be yourself.

--Mike S. living life as it comes.

"No person who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is left long without proper reward. "

Good stuff!

................and so it is with this site.

Great place, because it's filled with great folks. :-D

Yes it is!

If you have a problem fix it, If there is nothing you can do to fix a problem, it's not a problem 8). move on and be yourself.

--Mike S. living life as it comes.

More good stuff from the king of FABO!

I wish I could add but I'm mad as hell and could piss fire right now. Over 125 resumes out and still no job. I've had multiple phone and face to face interviews in the last 6 months and all I get is the same letter/e-mail. "Your skills and resume are quite impressive but we've received *** number of applications and found someone else more qualified for the position." :bootysha::bootysha:

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I've come to watch people driving down the street and think "Where do they work? Who do they know? How did they afford that car?" It's depressing as hell.

Good stuff!

Yes it is!

More good stuff from the king of FABO!

I wish I could add but I'm mad as hell and could piss fire right now. Over 125 resumes out and still no job. I've had multiple phone and face to face interviews in the last 6 months and all I get is the same letter/e-mail. "Your skills and resume are quite impressive but we've received *** number of applications and found someone else more qualified for the position." :bootysha::bootysha:

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I've come to watch people driving down the street and think "Where do they work? Who do they know? How did they afford that car?" It's depressing as hell.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of that "we've found someone more qualified for the position" means they've found someone to do it cheaper. I just applied to a used car lot here who was looking for someone to do it all. Body work and tech work. Let's see, 15 years doing collision, last 5 doing straight wrench and driveability work. Good luck finding someone in this area who can fill that position with the experience I have. But when they saw the "salary" filled out in the application and saw the money I was making at the Ford dealerships, hourly flat rate, and hourly with flate rate bonus at the last one, they balked, even with their ad saying they'd go higher than that for the right candidate. Sssssuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeee.

Hey KP, story of my life!! LOL!!!
No good deed will go unpunished!! HAHHHAAHHHHAaaaa!!!!!
Godd Stuff!!

Hey Ramcharger,
I'm feelin ya
L.O. 10/2/08 from a company I was buying into! 25%!
Hundreds of resumes out = 0 calls, 0 emails, etc...
Overqulified = Too Old and will cost too much in health insurance.
Good luck to you, I hope something breaks for you soon.
I'm be hoping our talents in classic cars will somehow leed to a new career for us both so we can finally do what we love!!:burnout:

Hey Ramenth,
You too man, just keep trying.
I pray for some real enlightening insight soon, my UI extension runs out soon.
Good luck to you also.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of that "we've found someone more qualified for the position" means they've found someone to do it cheaper. I just applied to a used car lot here who was looking for someone to do it all. Body work and tech work. Let's see, 15 years doing collision, last 5 doing straight wrench and driveability work. Good luck finding someone in this area who can fill that position with the experience I have. But when they saw the "salary" filled out in the application and saw the money I was making at the Ford dealerships, hourly flat rate, and hourly with flate rate bonus at the last one, they balked, even with their ad saying they'd go higher than that for the right candidate. Sssssuuuuurrrrrrrreeeeee.

Oh man, I didn't even get into the "You're overqualified" responses I've had. Unfortunately the 14 years of experience I have has gotten me locked out of jobs I would take for the stated 13 to 15 bucks an hour that were advertised. I even told them on the phone "I have no problem with the money and will work harder than any employee you've got". I think the hiring managers are paranoid we'd take their jobs.

Hey KP, story of my life!! LOL!!!
No good deed will go unpunished!! HAHHHAAHHHHAaaaa!!!!!
Godd Stuff!!

Funny, I thought the same quote when I saw this thread, lol.

Hey Ramcharger,
I'm feelin ya
L.O. 10/2/08 from a company I was buying into! 25%!
Hundreds of resumes out = 0 calls, 0 emails, etc...
Overqulified = Too Old and will cost too much in health insurance.
Good luck to you, I hope something breaks for you soon.
I'm be hoping our talents in classic cars will somehow leed to a new career for us both so we can finally do what we love!!:burnout:

Thanks man and good luck to both you and rameneth. I hope that something breaks for all of us unemployed guys and gals and that it leads to better jobs doing something that we love. I'm going to stop by my favorite machinst out here and see if I weasel my way in somehow....

Hey Ramenth,
You too man, just keep trying.
I pray for some real enlightening insight soon, my UI extension runs out soon.
Good luck to you also.

Luckily they voted in another extension here in Colorado but I sure as hell hope I don't have to use it. Here's to you and hoping that something pops real soon. If this crap keeps up for me I'm going to have sell my Duster, Ramcharger and give up one dog. It's not there yet but it's getting there... I'm hoping that you don't get to that point either.

Sorry for my rant everyone and KP. I didn't mean to steal your thread. I'm just frustrated at the economy and mindset of prospective employers. I thought for sure I'd have a job in 90 days or less.

Opps! Here's a cheer up, Overhaulin is on Discovery right now!
Love the show but the way thing are going it always makes me tear up at the end! LOL!!
Good Luck Guys. Talent like ours can't be wasted too long!!!!

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the staircase."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” ........ John Wayne.

I use that quote almost everyday at my work due to the amount of retards I work with.

I have Always tried to live by "A simple life, is a Happy life." Me.

One of my most recent favorites though, "You misunderstand. I am not locked up in here with all of you. You, are all locked up in here, with ME!:headbang:

Although this does not add anything constructive but one my favorites has always been
"When you've got them by the balls, their minds and hearts will follow"

It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're bound with turkeys.

“I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity... If knocked down, I will get back up, every time.”
-- U.S. Navy Seals!

Stand tall with a smile regardless of the pain's in life !!!!!! :clock:
It drives the a$$ holes in life crazy 8)

As long as it takes +++++++++++++++++++
What if you knew that you could reach your goal by taking just one more step? Would you take that step? At some point in the process of achievement, the final hurdle is reached. What a shame it would be to stop just short of that one last obstacle. Achievement does not require extraordinary ability. Achievement comes from ordinary abilities applied with extraordinary persistence. You already know you can do what it takes. To reach any goal, simply do what it takes for as long as it takes. It's really not that difficult to take just one step, to do just a single task, to make one bit of progress. And if you can do it once, you can do it again, and again, and again without much problem. Keep the faith and keep up the effort. Your persistence will get you there.
-- Ralph Marston

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
-- Winston Churchill, British prime minister

"If you know exactly what to do to reach all your goals, they are not a big enough goals."
-- Bob Proctor, Author and Speaker

"The smallest effort is not lost,
Each wavelet on the ocean tost
Aids in the ebb tide or flow;
Each raindrop makes some floweret blow;
Each struggle lessens the human woe."

~Charles Mackay~ [1814-1889]

Self-respect is the root of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.
-- Abraham Lincoln

KP Thank you for this thread
I am learning more and more to make my life better.
know I just have to put it in motion more then I have been 8)

-
Back