Dakota 6 speed?

-

mopardug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good morning sports fans. I'm looking for information for a six-speed manual transmission for a '06 Dakota 4x4. She's a Club Cab 4.7. I'm thinking about buying this truck, and allegedly the end of the output shaft going into the transfer snapped off. Has anyone heard of this happening before?
Thanks for any help, and please be safe everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning sportsfans. I'm looking for the cost and availability of a six-speed manual transmission for a '06 Dakota 4x4. She's a Club Cab 4.7. I'm thinking about buying this truck, and allegedly the end of the output shaft going into the transfer snapped off. Has anyone heard of this happening before?
Thanks for any help, and please be safe everyone!
You need to start a wanted thread in the correct forum if you are looking for one. Thanks

Thank you for correcting it for me. As far as the transmission goes, I haven't hopped in it to try to find out how many gears I can put it in. There is a two to three inch-long splined piece of metal that looks to be from the output shaft of the transmission.
This will be the 1st 4x4 that I've looked at, but I thought that there was a transmission output shaft that went into the transfer?

Then I guess it does happen. Check with a couple of tranny shops, u never know what they have laying around. Kim. Personally I don’t buy any Mopar with a 2.7,3.7 or 4.7. Too many problems. Kim

-
Back