Dakota manifolds for A body

-
They will work don't let ppl tell you they won't. Everyone told me they wouldn't and im hard-headed and didn't listen and they worked fine for my application. Now in certain situations im sure it may be a different story but for me they fit fine
Do you have power steering?

Dartfreak75 How well does the left one clear the steering link as well? Any rerouting of the PS lines. Pix please.

273 according to the hot rod article it looks like a set of hogged out and port matched 318 A body exhaust manifolds would work just fine. The HP and torque on stocker 318 manifolds for the same given RPM isnt much less than the 340 HPs. Headers honestly for the most part suck for street applications IMHO.

Last edited:
Dartfreak75 How well does the left one clear the steering link as well? Any rerouting of the PS lines. Pix please.
No power steering manual steering. Plenty of room. Here are some pics I can take more tomorrow.

Do you have power steering?
No manual steering.

20201213_153607.jpg

20201211_152121.jpg

20201211_152125.jpg

20201213_153624.jpg

20201213_153626.jpg

What steering coupler are you using?

Got any picture? I got manual steering but a 4 speed I. My 64
20210212_111254.jpg
20210212_111421.jpg
20210212_111440.jpg

I have auto floor shift so not sure the tall pipe will clear your clutch linkage. You see some rubbing on the streering rod, because I put a spacer on the passenger side motor mount for clearance of my Kevko oil pan, now I have to do the same on the driver’s side and it should clear.

What steering coupler are you using?
YY1 I used one the correct spline for the box on one end, and then I knocked the pin out of rod and ran a bolt though the round coupler end. I also add some set screws in the round end to take any slop. I don't remember what the spine count was but if do some research you can figure that out:thumbsup:

YY1 I used one the correct spline for the box on one end, and then I knocked the pin out of rod and ran a bolt though the round coupler end. I also add some set screws in the round end to take any slop. I don't remember what the spine count was but if do some research you can figure that out:thumbsup:
I have a set of 318 A body maniflolds .looks like the ports are same size as ports on my 360 heads.the center ports on the 360 are 1/8 wider,so I think I will take my die grinder and port my manifolds a little.also looks like 2" outside diameter to the exsaust pipe.Any thoughts?

273 according to the hot rod article it looks like a set of hogged out and port matched 318 A body exhaust manifolds would work just fine. The HP and torque on stocker 318 manifolds for the same given RPM isnt much less than the 340 HPs. Headers honestly for the most part suck for street applications IMHO.
Yes my A body 318 manifolds are very close port size to my 360 heads and have a 2" outside to the exsaust pipe.This is only going to be a street cruiser,but still want a little snap from time to time.

Enjoying this thread, wish my 66 Valiant could use these, yep, I have standard steering

Early abodes are clearly tighter. You can see a big difference between mine (1975) and Valkman (1964)

-
Back