Dakota trans in an A body

-
auto, yes, manual, no. The preliminary measurements I took puts the shifter of the NV3500 right in the middle of the A/C vents under the dash, or so close that the under A/C box would have to undergo some modification...now if you're thinking about moving the vents into the dash, then we're talking....and based on what you did with the rear bumper of that Dart there John, it's not out of the question :lol:

auto, yes, manual, no. The preliminary measurements I took puts the shifter of the NV3500 right in the middle of the A/C vents under the dash, or so close that the under A/C box would have to undergo some modification...now if you're thinking about moving the vents into the dash, then we're talking....and based on what you did with the rear bumper of that Dart there John, it's not out of the question :lol:

I'm also moving my entire engine and trans back 2" so that May work well. Do you know what all I would need? Seems a cheaper 5 speed then a tremec.

That and I'm using a custom dash

what about making a custom shifter arm. then you can build a console to cover the shifter mechanism and then have the knob where ever you choose.

DSCI0318.jpg

what about making a custom shifter arm. then you can build a console to cover the shifter mechanism and then have the knob where ever you choose.

DSCI0318.jpg

I usually have ham with my eggs. You must be hardcore....shifter and eggs. I can hear my arteries hardening now.:eek:ccasion:

That and I'm using a custom dash

the NV3500 is a top load transmission, meaning its not shifted by cables, if the shifter comes up and won't clear a dash theres little you could do, theres other 5 speeds people have used such as tremec

-
Back