Damn Dog...

-

swies

Wish I had more time.
Reaction score
2 weeks ago our 16 year old Boston Terrier went to the Vet with a bad cough. The vet told me "She is an old dog and they do not recover from Pneumonia very well. It is your call here. We can put her down and end her suffering, or we can give her some real strong anti-biotics and hope for the best."
I was a Selfish Bastard and opted for the twice a day shots.
The cough got better but she did not seem to be recovering very well.
Yesterday, she went to the vet for some blood work and I was told her Liver and Kidneys were both failing. There was no choice.
I will pick up her ashes later this week.
Memorial Holiday, My wife and I will take them to our Cabin by the lake and scatter them there.
She liked the lake a lot.

The thing I just can't figure out....
I spent most of yesterday afternoon with wet eyes, woke up this morning with wet eyes, and even now, my eyes are wet...
I am 40 plenty years old, been married 22 years, have 2 sons 20 & 17.
How did this little dog that weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs do this to me.
She is missed.
0702151527.jpg

There is nothing like a good dog. I went through putting a dog down in the summer of 2014. I told my fiancé "lets wait a year before getting another". She brought another one home 6 months later. It doesn't replace the dog we lost, but she is a good dog just the same and a pleasure to have around. Give it some time, maybe another dog will come your way. I do remember feeling real bad about losing my dog, it was like a member of the family passed on, really painful feeling and shedding some tears helped a lot.

Sorry for your loss. Have been thru this 3 times in under 2 years. It hurts. They are not "just a dog". We put Queenie to sleep a couple months ago...still get teary when I think about her...

Nothing wrong with being sad at the loss of your dog. There would be something wrong with you if you didn't feel that way. It broke my heart every time I lost a dog. Every one was my best friend. I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

They have a way of doing that to you. In my case, twice.
Sorry for the loss of your pet. Anyone who thinks they are 'just animals' just doesn't get it.
What you are going through is normal for most people.

sorry for your loss... they do become family. I think it is because they are so smart yet totally dependent on us - and then we in turn, depend on them..

They're not just our pets, they become our kids. I lost my little Buddy about 2 months ago. He was at least 22 years old, and it was time, but didn't make it any easier. Still haven't been able to make myself do something with his beds and food/water bowls. I feel your pain.

She did it to you because she, like my Stubby was family.

Lost my Mollie when she was 3 years old-took her everywhere with me. Took me three years before I could think of her without wet eyes-----------My condolences.

My wife of 39 years has always wanted a dog, but I always nixed it. After the kids left, she became more adamant. Last fall I caved. Now I'm stuck with the whole "routine" which I swore I would never do.
But you know what? After just 8 months, the "Routine" ain't so bad,and,I am fully convinced that I would miss him if I lost him.
My condolences as well.

I feel for you, wet eyes, yes..... yesl they are like our children.....

long story shirt, I came home maybe 3-4 weeks ago to find my oldest ( 7 maybe) dashound with his rear legs paralyzed. they can have bad backs. I cried like a baby for 3 solid days, I admit it.... he isn't in pain, but can't control his kidneys. I buy LOTS of training pads for him. I might have to put him down one day i'm sure, but he still enjoys life. a set of wheels for him maybe. we live in the country and I hate to think what he could get hung up on.

My Condolences... These little critters dig their way into your heart,with unconditional love ,& a crazy personality that becomes part of family...

God Bless. Sorry for your loss. I have a rescue dog from the local shelter, i got her 2 years ago. She chose me at the shelter, so i know she wanted to come home with me. We have bonded and i don't know what i would do if something ever happened to her. They steal your heart pretty fast thats for sure.

Sorry for your loss...

They are part of the family... Before you know it, they steal your heart...

Consider getting another one to help fill the empty hole that this one has left. You don't have to do it right away, but it will help you get through missing this one so much...

All the lifetime of good times and happiness from them more than offsets the sorrow that brings when they pass... I wouldn't have not gotten one just so I don't miss it when it's gone.... If I did, then I would have missed out on all of the good times that we have had together through the years... I wouldn't give that up for anything....

How many hugs and kisses did you have with your pup through out the years... Falling asleep with them on your lap or right next to you... Those are the memories that you cherish....

I feel ya my old boy passed a couple years ago on sept 11, have many more dogs and my kids but still miss him daily. I got him as a pup 3weeks old

image.jpeg

-
Back