Damn Milodon. Check your oil pans

-
Yes send it back and if post negative feedback plus call and tell them to fire the [Retard] who welded that up !!!

Last edited:
Wow, what they do, flick the weld on with a spoon?

John, you ever hear back from them on your pan?

And I'm sure it's one of a hundred or more pans out there of that model that are wrong.

Looks like a great opportunity for someone to get into the oil pan manufacturing business.

Until pressure is brought to bare on these manufacturers, they will have no incentive to make things correctly!
Even then, if they don't see a threat from competition, most of the time nothing happens. We are a bit of a captive audience. Not nearly as many choices for Mopar stuff. If you want it better, you probably need to do it yourself or go custom.

Even then, if they don't see a threat from competition, most of the time nothing happens. We are a bit of a captive audience. Not nearly as many choices for Mopar stuff. If you want it better, you probably need to do it yourself or go custom.
True enough. Problem is: many folks (like me) don't have the setup to build custom. I am a bit jealous of the guys that have welding equipment & the skills to fabricate. The sky is the limit if you can build what you want.

Just added this to my Home Screen thanks. May be time to look elsewhere.
I just got the kevco pan in that I ordered for my 96 dakota sport. They was out of the zone coated one, so I had to get the painted one. Pan looks nice out of the box. But after paying over $300 for it. It would be nice if they packed it better. About 6 inches of the left front pain rail is bent up a bit. But guess nothing but a block of wood and a hammer won't fix. The pan comes with a windage tray built and and a crank scraper. I am useimg a stock stoke magnum 360 engine. So don't know how it would work with a stroker engine

Wish we would have paid more attention to this post before buying the latest version for my sons 360 build. I’ve got one on my 410 and it is like the old version PR has shown above, I only had to bend over the metal cutout area a little for the pickup tube to clear. Otherwise no issues with the old version and all the welds are uniform, nicely fabricated. This new one mocked up hits the pickup tube and will require an even bigger notch to be cut out and then we can see if the rods hit the front baffle. But, we aren’t doing any of that. Not happy with some of the welds and general appearance of it, just sloppy. Doesn’t lay flat, it’s tweaked, and the rails ain’t flat on the ends, All that for $300...WTF! No thank you. It’s getting sent back for a refund. We’ll have to look at Kevco or Canton instead.

View attachment 1715734013

View attachment 1715734014

View attachment 1715734016

View attachment 1715734017

View attachment 1715734018

View attachment 1715734019
Good call sending it back...those welds are terrible. Coincidentally they look identical to the welds inside some crappy chinese valve covers I got from Mancini.

Good call sending it back...those welds are terrible. Coincidentally they look identical to the welds inside some crappy chinese valve covers I got from Mancini.
i talked to Summit and told them exactly what the issues were, and that there are others that have had similar. They are refunding me the full amount, won’t charge me for the return shipping fees as it’s a warranty/defective return. Summit done me good.

Last edited:
Some of Milodon pans need correction for studs too. No relief for main studs.

they should change the name from Milidon to Almost done , amazing the crap they send out these days , Sad as name brand is meaningless these days

they should change the name from Milidon to Almost done , amazing the crap they send out these days , Sad as name brand is meaningless these days
That’s exactly what you get when the accountants take over the business.

Dern it I need an oil pan, and bolts.... I was going to order the stock, type from Summit for my 340 /Milodon doesn't make it do they?

:poke:

We need more feedback from Kevko used on strokers.
Almost bought one for my D100 318 build (not a stroker) but cheaper out and bought a stocker from Rock Auto. Just a mild build using a ‘73 340 cast crank and Chinese heads.
I’ve got a rear sump Moroso pan in the E-body with an RMS suspension and it is tits. 8 qt low profile pan with kick outs, trap doors, and screen. Never a problem with the pickup coming uncovered in hard cornering. Hard enough cornering to destroy the inferior Green bearings.:poke:

Was told by Kevco (if not in stock) it’s 5-7 days for black painted/powder coated pans and 2-3 weeks for the zinc plated.

Having problems with Milodon as well. This is supposed to be a stock pan replacement. Works well if I only use half of my steering radius. Milodon said they will stand behind their products, asked me to email pics and info. That was 3 weeks ago, no reply...

Milodon pan.jpg

Having problems with Milodon as well. This is supposed to be a stock pan replacement. Works well if I only use half of my steering radius. Milodon said they will stand behind their products, asked me to email pics and info. That was 3 weeks ago, no reply...

Here's the Summit stock pan offering, 1/3 the price...

Screenshot 2021-05-12 114435.jpg

good to see. Thats the one I am eyeing up...looks like if they flushed up the drain plug, Milodon would work.
The design of that drain on the Milodon pan is one of the silliest things I've seen. They obviously never looked under a real car. Just copied or had copied, an OEM pan and then stuck that dump tube on it without recognizing the consequences.

The design of that drain on the Milodon pan is one of the silliest things I've seen. They obviously never looked under a real car. Just copied or had copied, an OEM pan and then stuck that dump tube on it without recognizing the consequences.

Exactly and idiots like me have to deal with their issues. Do they realize everything you have to go thru to change out a pan? It's hours and hours of work.

If you tell you that you stand behind your products the DO IT, DON'T JUST SAY IT!!!

-
Back