Dana 60 fluid check

-

67_Slimer

Real Hot Rods don't shift themselves.
Reaction score
I'm ready to change my Dana 60 cover and fluid. The car is street driven but I'm not shy with it. It has 4.56 gears and Master Line axles. I've heard great things about the Amsoil 80w90 severe gear synthetic stuff. Any input on what to use and and why is greatly appreciated. Also , recommendations on which additive to use as well. Thank you!!

Screenshot_20240426_131356_Chrome.jpg

I'm ready to change my Dana 60 cover and fluid. The car is street driven but I'm not shy with it. It has 4.56 gears and Master Line axles. I've heard great things about the Amsoil 80w90 severe gear synthetic stuff. Any input on what to use and and why is greatly appreciated. Also , recommendations on which additive to use as well. Thank you!!

View attachment 1716241995
When I bought my Dana 60 from Strange, they said to use 85W-140 so I bought bottles of Castrol. My unit only takes 2 quarts while I believe the OE unit takes more. My rear unit came with a 4oz bottle of Motorcraft friction modifier. Some builders have had issues with synthetic oil in the rears so I would use conventional. Too much money invested in those to be wrong, IMHO.

Dr. Diff recommends 85W 140 conventional oil with Motorcraft fiction modifier. This is what I used in my Dana 60. I used Lucas oil which was available at my local NAPA.

-
Back