Dana 60 from truck to car?

-
I got one out of a BVan with out full floating axles and the tubes are thinner than the full floaters

I got one out of a BVan with out full floating axles and the tubes are thinner than the full floaters
What year? I have a line on a pair of ford danas for 500. I asked him to measure them because one looks shorter in the pics. I just started to research this option so I don't know what to look for yet. On the set I'm looking at one has a posi but needs gears and the other is open with 410s.

The two Ford Dana 60s that I have both had track locks in them and 4.10 gears. They are 30 spline axles so you can use 8 and 3/4 axles in them. One of them is from a 78 and the other is an 80 I think.

I paid 125 a piece for them last summer.

any 3/4 ton truck rear end will work be it from a Chevy a Ford or a Dodge as long as it is a Dana 60.

some have 31\2 inch axel tubes the new ends are for 3 inch tubes 3 inch tubes can be put in the 31\2 '' housings but require a lathe and some free time .

some have 31\2 inch axel tubes the new ends are for 3 inch tubes 3 inch tubes can be put in the 31\2 '' housings but require a lathe and some free time .

I use the 3in ends on my axle tubes was not a problem. That's the nice thing about a welder or having duct tape or bailing wire one way or another you can make it work.

Have even used the ends off of an old 8 3/4 housing on a Dana.

Last edited:
I bet the tubes on a '60 from a 3/4--1 ton are WAY heavier than the old Mopar OEM '60s. Depending on your power level, that might be a good thing LOL

How 'bout a Ford 9"?

I bet the tubes on a '60 from a 3/4--1 ton are WAY heavier than the old Mopar OEM '60s. Depending on your power level, that might be a good thing LOL

How 'bout a Ford 9"?
Considered that but I have the 60. I wonder what size is the maximum axle I can put in there..

I did one and put 40 spline in it

003.JPG

012.JPG

BTW. if your spring perches have the big center hole you can use any old 3/8 oil pickup to srink the hole to 1/2 inch. Just cut 2 pieces about 1/2 to 3/4" long. tap them in to the hole and weld them.

Last edited:
-
Back