Dark or light spoke wheels (CHANGE OF HEART)

Wheel Spoke Color

• Light Gray

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Gun Metal Gray

Votes: 40 85.1%

• Total voters
-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Ok I've narrowed it down to these wheels for my project car and need your help deciding on which one to use.It will be one of these so please do not suggest any others.As it's a money thing FOR NOW I will be painting the bumpers to tie in with the wheels so the wheel choice will determine the bumper color.Remember these are web pictures so they probably are not real true colors

Choice 1: Light Gray Spokes

Choice 2: Gun Metal Gray Spokes

Choice 3: Black Spokes (ADDED SUGGESTION by abodyjoe) 17"

Attachments

• light wheel.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 364
  • gun wheel.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 366
  • grille 003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 364
  • scamp 002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 338
  • ridler black.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 235
too late to change my vote

the 3rd style and color would be my choice with a chrome centercap

You need some contrast, and the larger the wheels, the worse you need it. Dark grey or even black spokes. NOTHING looks worse than huge gaudy chrome wheels with no contrast

Otherwise, the damn thing begins to look like.................

hummer-h3-ugly-wood-wheels-front1.jpg

I'll be using 15's

You need some contrast, and the larger the wheels, the worse you need it. Dark grey or even black spokes. NOTHING looks worse than huge gaudy chrome wheels with no contrast

Otherwise, the damn thing begins to look like.................

hummer-h3-ugly-wood-wheels-front1.jpg

Ok I've narrowed it down to these wheels for my project car and need your help deciding on which one to use.It will be one of these so please do not suggest any others.As it's a money thing FOR NOW I will be painting the bumpers to tie in with the wheels so the wheel choice will determine the bumper color.Remember these are web pictures so they probably are not real true colors

Choice 1: Light Gray Spokes

Choice 2: Gun Metal Gray Spokes
Can you get #1 in dark grey? I like the more aggressive straight spoke look over the rounded spoke. But if not, I would go with #1 and repaint it. :finga:

I guess you painted the bumper to try it out? I think it looks great! with the matching wheels it will be a knock out combo!

I like the first because its less contrast with the grill for smoother transition. Or do the grill in gun metal its a cool color. 3 shades to much to me. Nice ride I am a hoosier too where ya at. I am painting my bumbers bodycolor and leaving the rims seperate.

Can you get #1 in dark grey? I like the more aggressive straight spoke look over the rounded spoke. But if not, I would go with #1 and repaint it. :finga:

I agree, painting the first wheel choice (#1) the dark gunmetal to match the paint on the front bumper works well with the body paint choice and the square body lines.

The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

Yes I like the style of the light gray wheel I'll have to check into
what it will take to paint them

i think the darker will look better.. black on that color would even be better yet..

if you go light then go polished alum. that would better then the dull light color in my opinion.

I like wheel #1. Wheel #2 is too Mustangish, if that's a word. I never liked the rounded spokes on a classic car. I like color #2 better to match the bumper though.

i think the darker will look better.. black on that color would even be better yet..

if you go light then go polished alum. that would better then the dull light color in my opinion.

how about this????????????

Attachments

• ridler black.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 238
-
Back