Dart Leaf Springs

-

SharpDart71

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing new leaf springs for my 71 dart swinger for stock application. I have a few prices from ESPO springs and am curious on the looks in the difference between a 1"or 2" lift? Assuming the 2" lift would be a stiffer ride. They also have an option of 5 or 6 leaf?

Pictures of different applications would be great! (No SuperStock Pictures please)

Depending on what size tires and rims you are running. I would go 6 leaf in a 1" over. You should still get a firm ride with not much sagging. My 70 has a extra leaf in the stock springs. It rides pretty rough but sets pretty nice I think.

018 (4).jpg

I wouldn't assume higher = stiffer. I'd ask Laura at ESPO. For what it's worth, here's a shot of my 74 with stock-replacement 5-leaf springs from ESPO. This is on stock 14" rims with 205/70R14 tires. Toolmanmike's car looks more aggressive with the lift. I wanted mine to look stock but not worn out, and I'm happy with what I got.
IMG_1576.png

Thanks! Both are great looking cars! I am definitely looking for a more agressive look such as toolmanmike's. I'm running 14's right now with 205/70's but feel it will still look ok. I'll talk with Laura

I'm considering purchasing new leaf springs for my 71 dart swinger for stock application. I have a few prices from ESPO springs and am curious on the looks in the difference between a 1"or 2" lift? Assuming the 2" lift would be a stiffer ride. They also have an option of 5 or 6 leaf?

Pictures of different applications would be great! (No SuperStock Pictures please)

i prefer the stock height. get the 6 leaf. they still ride nice and don't sag as quickly as the 5 leaf when you put crap in the trunk..
thos eare plus 1" 6 leaf on jamies old 69.
Jamie magazine pic.jpg

I will send a pic later but I have a 64 Valiant went 6 springs and 2” lift. I ended up flipping my front hangar bracket to lower it. My rake mounted normal was insane.

Or i could do a 6 +1 and if not liking the hight, flip the front mount. I think that may be a pretty rough ride though...

-
Back