Dart - Tach bracket install

-

Nice69

Reaction score
Well I finally made it out to the shop long enough to install the tach I got for Xmas in the dart. Looked at alot of the mounting bracket ideas here on A-bodies, then just decided to fab up my own. All it cost me was an hour of time , some scrap aluminum plate I had lyin around and cashin a favour from a friend with acess to a TIG...here's some pic's for anyone contemplating one. Just ignore the date, it's not really 2041 yet.....:tongue10: Next is to install the new Strange CM driveshaft I bought from Bear's along with new "green" axle bearings. Gonna do both sides, even though only one is growling. :roll:Hope to order a new set of MT ET Street radials soon....:burnout:

Attachments

• Copy of bracket 2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Copy of Tach installed.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Copy of bracket in car.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Copy of bracket 3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 271
Nice job Dave!Now get saving for them new tires LOL.Hope your cars running better.See you soon!:burnout:

Hey Scott, Yah, lots to do before spring, but I should have it sorted and ready to go. Got a line on some home fabbed Cal-tracs on the cheap! Also looking at slider brackets from Mancini to replace the rear shackles to stop rear suspension from binding.

Is the 66' out of the spray booth yet? :cheers:post some pic's when you get her all back together eh?

Cheers

I really like how you did this. Are you worried about vibrations? Is this gonna be street driven?

Hey Dave,the CalTracs should stop your spring windup.I,ve added the CalTracs to the 66 Dart also.Lastyear I tried to buy the sliders through Summit and they wouldn,t ship across the border?Canadian safety issues???Anyway,the Dart is having the new full 1/4 replaced on the d.side and is coming along nicely.I,ll be a busy boy getting it all back together in time for race season.It,s gonna be a close one.LOL.Great to hear from ya.:clock:

I really like how you did this. Are you worried about vibrations? Is this gonna be street driven?

I actually laid it out so the long arm sits comfortably close to the dash pad with a thin piece of rubber underneath so it won't wear on the pad. It actually is very solid, hoping for no issues, but won't know for sure till dive the car again, and yes, driven to cruise night one a week!

Lastyear I tried to buy the sliders through Summit and they wouldn,t ship across the border?Canadian safety issues???

Barry sent me a link to Mancini's site, I'm going to order sliders from there. They will do order under 500 via USPS with no brokerage fees, if you go UPS you get nailed every time. :cussing:IF over 500 get as much as you can to make the brokerage worh it!:mrgreen:

Barry sent me a link to Mancini's site, I'm going to order sliders from there. They will do order under 500 via USPS with no brokerage fees, if you go UPS you get nailed every time. :cussing:IF over 500 get as much as you can to make the brokerage worh it!:mrgreen:
It wasn,t the amount I was buying Dave.I always make up a list of things before ordering $$$LOL.It was something to do with the safety of the sliders on the rear leafs.I don,t know why,but they said they couldn,t ship cross border due to some safety thing???Anyway,I,m glad I didn,t go that route(was a bandaid IMO)I moved my rear back 1 inch for tire clearances.Good luck with whichever route you take.:mrgreen:

I,m shooting for ONDR event on May 7/11 @ Cayuga,we,ll see.

If you decide to start making and selling those tach brackets, I`ll take two.

Nice work!!
Thanks. Wish I had the time and resources. Rather enjoy this type of fabricating. I just hope my engineering skills prove to be worthy!:icon_smi:

they said they couldn,t ship cross border due to some safety thing???Anyway,I,m glad I didn,t go that route(was a bandaid IMO) ]

Hey Scott, just curious why did you think the sliders were a band-aid? I thought by replacing the rubber bushings and shackles it would lower the rear a tad which would improve handling, let the car settle down at the top end and prevent any leaf binding back there?:read:

-
Back