Dash alternatives

-

sprue

Reaction score
I have a 66 barracuda formula S and the dash is awful. It's cracked, and missing pieces. Are there any alternatives besides building another from scratch? I know the earlier models use different dashes but are they compatible?

Thanks!

I have a 66 barracuda formula S and the dash is awful. It's cracked, and missing pieces. Are there any alternatives besides building another from scratch? I know the earlier models use different dashes but are they compatible?

Thanks!
I thought I seen a retro fit in classic industries for this I'll check when I get home

A dash from another early A could work but I think the ‘66 Barracuda has the best looking one and yours should have a tach.
Here’s my DIY dash restoration of the bezels.
DIY Dash Bezel Resto - '66 Barracuda
If your bezel is un-repairable you might need to find one that can be repainted.

One or two pics would help us assist you.

do you mean the crash pad?

I stripped then covered mine with vinyl building up with shaped layers to get the overall shape about right.

DSCF6702.JPG

i'm in the UK so parts are harder to get hold of. (was a LHD dash I modified)

DSCF6729.JPG

cheers.

to get the chrome effect I cut thin strips of polished aluminium tape, stuck it onto the dash then used black is pin striping tape and lacquered over the top. came out OK.

DSCF6705.JPG

-
Back