Dash attaching screws - size/thread specs please

-

mayhem

Reaction score
I'm starting with nothing except a dash frame & car body. I need to know what the screw head, thread size & length is for the 5 attaching screws at the front of the dash/base of the windshield and the same info for the 2 screws on the lower side of the dash frame that allows the dash frame to pivot. Please see the borrowed pics. I've check the FSM but am not seeing the nomenclature of those screws.

1698372313214.png

1698372390409.png

I dont have sizes handy, but the top dash screws have u-nuts under them. So theoretically as long as unuts and screws match you should be good.

Install the screws from under the dash [upside-down]
You won't have to remove the windshield if you need to pull the dash in the future.

If u install upside down, shorten the screw or they could stick up and poke/crack windshield.
When I redid my dash I was going to install upside down but a total pain in the ***. I also have ac, console so getting under dash is brutal.

Just a point of interest:
You included a photo that is perfect, but let us know what year make and model you are working on. That really helps us even more help you.
Good luck in your challenge. Some of us have been there before. I found buying a rotted parts car is REALLY helpful in cases like yours. Sometimes just having another car complete- it could be dog snot but it’s all there is good for those little parts and pieces.
Syleng1

Update: A quick check of the hole sizes in the body & dash frame followed by a trip to the local hardware store yielded appropriate U-nuts & 3/4" length bolts. The plan is to install the dash temporarily while loading up as many other parts & using the car as a rolling storage container in the shop this winter. This one is going on the back burner as I need to get another project off the trailer & into the shop before the real snow flies. Thank you to everyone who responded.

-
Back