Dash Pad Dilemma

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New dash pad has the 5 studs that fit through the dash frame holes... however, at both ends of the pad there aren't any studs but there are holes in the frame. Been a minute, but I think I remember removing screws from the original in these spots..? That part of the pad has to be held down somehow, and there are holes in the frame at those two areas, so how's it done..? It even looks like the pad is "prepped" for some sort of attachment there.

20231029_133309~2.jpg

Is it a 68? I believe there is 1 small screw on each end to keep them down snug. The rest I believe take speed nuts.

Is it a 68? I believe there is 1 small screw on each end to keep them down snug. The rest I believe take speed nuts.
It's a 72, same pad I think.. Thing is, the hole in the frame is too big for a screw...unless there's some washers in place... That's what I'll do if they're not available to buy that are made for that application.

68 is different than 72, 68 has the lower dash pad as well. 3pc set. Chk yer dash frame for holes, that will tell the story.
It's a 72, same pad I think.. Thing is, the hole in the frame is too big for a screw...unless there's some washers in place... That's what I'll do if they're not available to buy that are made for that application.

@nodemon This from my 1971 Duster. The fastener is a flat head screw. Expand the photo to the left of the hole and you see what type it is.

IMG_5828.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran into this issue with my new 68 dash pad. The original pad had metal inside that the screw went through. The new pad is just foam so I highly doubt mine is going to hold but we'll find out.

-
Back