dash pad replacement

-
You'll need to remove the instrument cluster and the glove box liner to access the hardware. There are 5 nuts on studs across the top and a hex head sheet metal screw in each of the turned down ends.

will that instr cluster pull down without unplugging everything?

You'll need to remove the instrument cluster and the glove box liner to access the hardware. There are 5 nuts on studs across the top and a hex head sheet metal screw in each of the turned down ends.

All you need to do is un plug the speedometer plug and undo the screws it should pop right out if i remember correctly. Its gunna take a lil time and effort but it will come.

will that instr cluster pull down without unplugging everything?

Disconnect the negative battery cable before you do anything else. Then you can proceed however you choose.
I wouldn't try to work around the instrument panel.

I pull the cluster, glove box liner, radio, and heater controls. Makes the job a whole lot easier. Put in some new wiper seals and plastic pivot sockets in the wiper linkage while you're at it. If not, you'll need them next week! Do any other repairs you've been neglecting for a while too like....dash speaker, dash bulbs, new glove box liner, etc.

I removed the radio and glove box in my 70. Didnt touch the cluster.

Be ready to play finger hockey, and work alot upside down.

But its do able. Just be patient and take your time.

Oh, your hands can get cut up, so watch for sharp edges.

heres my 1974 I did

Attachments

• 100_0721 (Copy).JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_0722 (Copy).JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0724 (Copy).JPG
    157 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_0723 (Copy).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0728 (Copy).JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_0729 (Copy).JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 84
Anyone looking to replace their dash pad and have not ordered one yet; they are on a nationwide backorder just like the windshield front/rear gaskets. I ordered one from Herbs 2 days ago, found out today about the backlog. There is chance they may not even be around for Carlisle.

-
Back