dash paint??

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
ok guys so i went and painted my 69 dart dash with classic industry lt blue metallic vinyl and trim paint and it didnt turn out the way i really wanted it, what kind of paint did you guys use for your dash?

ok guys so i went and painted my 69 dart dash with classic industry lt blue metallic vinyl and trim paint and it didnt turn out the way i really wanted it, what kind of paint did you guys use for your dash?
Herbs interior paint....

I also used int. paint from classics. Didn't turn out to bad but what else is there ? Every body has the same thing but with diff. lable

Original would have been a close shade color and a flat suede finish. Totally different paint from seats, door panels, etc.. You'll need a paint specifically for dash, steering column, defrost vents, column door/cover.

i used this on my recent 68 Cuda dark green dash. Color, texture etc. were a perfect match. I test sprayed on area under the dash pad, let it dry and I could not tell where I had sprayed the new paint. Very good product in my humble opinion

Attachments

• OER paint.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 200
  • cuda dash restored.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 208
They list the paint codes in the back of the service manual in the body section for most of the interior/exterior paints. Then you can get some good stuff from the body shop supply shop....

i used this on my recent 68 Cuda dark green dash. Color, texture etc. were a perfect match. I test sprayed on area under the dash pad, let it dry and I could not tell where I had sprayed the new paint. Very good product in my humble opinion

Where do you buy that from?

They list the paint codes in the back of the service manual in the body section for most of the interior/exterior paints. Then you can get some good stuff from the body shop supply shop....

if you ant it right, that is the sure fire no screw up method!!!!! my paint store has all those codes for int. right there. they can even put it in aerosol can if you want.

On my cars, when matching an exterior or vinyl color, I get it (the matching color to vinyl or paint) matched at a paint shop with their scanner. Then I BC/CC it. if I need to "flatten or suede" look the same color or any color for that matter I just use (I'm doing BC/CC to clarify not single stage) the normal color of the car or my color matched to vinyl paint and a little corn starch in the clear coat. doesn't hurt it and you can test various amounts to change the "suede "look from a little to a dead flat. oh and it's cheap does not degrade the paint and works with every clear coat I have tried from lacquer all the way up to today's modern Dupont, PPG, Sherwin Williams and southern brand. I always spray a piece of white cardboard to test for the flatness I like in the paint
before the last coat and after cleaning it from bug parts
View attachment -0517.jpg

final coat (with 2 grams of cornstarch in it 8oz SPI clear) to flatten it to look like I wanted with no glare. 4 grams made it look"sued'y" and not what I was going after.
View attachment -0617.jpg

On my cars, when matching an exterior or vinyl color I get it maching color matched at a paint shop. the bc/cc it. if I need to "flatten or suede" look the same color or any color for that matter I just use (I'm doing BC/CC to clarify not single stage) the normal color of the car or my color matched to vinyl paint and a little corn starch in the clear coat. doesn't hurt it and you can test various amounts to change the "suede "look from a little to a dead flat. oh and it's cheap does not degrade the paint and works with every clear coat I have tried from lacquer all the way up to today's modern Dupont, PPG, Sherwin Williams and southern brand. I always spray a piece of white cardboard to test for the flatness I like in the paint
before the last coat and after cleaning it from bug parts
View attachment 1714860629

final coat (with 2 grams of cornstarch in it 8oz SPI clear) to flatten it to look like I wanted with no glare. 4 grams made it look"sued'y" and not what I was going after.
View attachment 1714860630

Looks fantastic!!

-
Back