Dash Switch Locations Needed

-

Bob Wilkie

Reaction score
Can someone please post pics of where the map light switch and rear air switch are supposed to be located in a 1970 Dart Swinger. My car had the map light switch under the lower left part of the dash. It had the rear defogger installed but no switch. I now have all the wiring to complete the installation of both systems. I assume the rear air switch should just be in the general vicinity of the map light switch, but I would like to make the hole as close as possible to the correct location.

Can someone please post pics of where the map light switch and rear air switch are supposed to be located in a 1970 Dart Swinger. My car had the map light switch under the lower left part of the dash. It had the rear defogger installed but no switch. I now have all the wiring to complete the installation of both systems. I assume the rear air switch should just be in the general vicinity of the map light switch, but I would like to make the hole as close as possible to the correct location.

My 1967 and 1969 Darts had the map light under the dash and the defroster next to the Flasher switch on the dash in the first 2 pictures. But I have also seen the defroster switch under the dash like in the 3rd picture of a 1972 Dart and a 1974 Valiant that I had. The first picture I got from a member on this site.

1967-69 Dart map light and defrost switch location.JPG

1967 Dart with rear defroster and map light Mine.jpg

1972 dart.jpg

My 1967 and 1969 Darts had the map light under the dash and the defroster next to the Flasher switch on the dash in the first 2 pictures. But I have also seen the defroster switch under the dash like in the 3rd picture of a 1972 Dart and a 1974 Valiant that I had. The first picture I got from a member on this site.

View attachment 1715119731

View attachment 1715119733

View attachment 1715119734
Thank you very much. Mine will end up like the third one with both switches under the dash on the left side

-
Back