-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daredevil

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a dependable car for daughters first car. Not a project or doorslamer,just good transportation. What do yawl have. Brand x can pm me if embarrassed but i,m open to all. Sporty and pretty color a plus. After all she is a 16 y.o. girl. Main thing is I want a safe car that can be trusted.thanks DD forgot to mention in the 3 to 5k price range

I just posted one in the for sale forum, I found on Craigs list, just down the road from me.

Have you looked at Kutacando,s car on e-bay? It might be more than you want to spend but it looks like a solid car.8)

If a mod sees this can you move it to cars wanted. Some dummy put it in general discussion.

I have a 95 Jeep Wrangler... Soft top , 4 Cyl. Automatic, very nice shape.....Asking $4500 .... What kid would not have fun cruising around in a Jeep with the top down ???? Located in Texarkana , Texas

Look for a later model Taurus or 98- 01 Grand prix ( 3800 ) , can't go wrong on these 2 choices ...

How about this one :-D

Automatic a/c VTec :-D I had a blast in that car while I was building my home on the hill 8)8)8) Great gas mileage while the gas was crazy high.

Sorry :happy10:Let's call this a 8)I could not resist bump :-D

delsol2.jpg

Got it moved for ya DD. Wish i would have known you were looking. My aunt just sold her 96 Buick Century for $1500. Good car. I'll keep my eye out for ya a car.
Small Block

Just a precaution Daredevil, any of the GM products with the 3.1 or 3.4 or 3.8 have bad histories of leaking (glycol) lower intake manifold gaskets. The 3.4 likes to leak into the engine and we know what happens then. I've had experience with both the 3.4 and 3.8. Just a thought.

Bought the daughter a used Ford Focus 5 yrs ago and it's still running with next to no problems.

Dependable, trustworthy, safe transport for a teenager?

Volvo 240- great cars.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1703633326.html

Note: not my car, don't know anything about this particular example, but it's a twin to the third-best car I've ever owned. Paint it red if she wants "sporty".

she,d kill me. she wants a scion or cube or 2005 and up stang. she thinks i have more money than i got. and thanks for the heads up demon.l

Found a 96 T'Bird w/ a 4.6 for my niece 5 years ago for $2K (she was a new driver at the time). She's still driving it today :happy10:. It looks like crap now LOL, but the mechanicals have been awesome!

She called recently because it was making a "knocking noise" and leaking oil[-X. I checked the dipstick and there was nada there, doh. Towed it to the shop and found a split in the oil filter. New filter and filled her up w/ oil..........still going :bootysha:

I have a 95 Jeep Wrangler... Soft top , 4 Cyl. Automatic, very nice shape.....Asking $4500 .... What kid would not have fun cruising around in a Jeep with the top down ???? Located in Texarkana , Texas

You know they're thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in.........

Just a precaution Daredevil, any of the GM products with the 3.1 or 3.4 or 3.8 have bad histories of leaking (glycol) lower intake manifold gaskets. The 3.4 likes to leak into the engine and we know what happens then. I've had experience with both the 3.4 and 3.8. Just a thought.

Bought the daughter a used Ford Focus 5 yrs ago and it's still running with next to no problems.

True dat!!!! Just recently had to change the lower intake manifold gasket on my sister's car. Luckily I got to it before any real damage had been done apparently since it's still running and it's been about 3 months. Pain in the butt.

she,d kill me. she wants a scion or cube or 2005 and up stang. she thinks i have more money than i got. and thanks for the heads up demon.l

I hear ya. My girl is just 15 and shopping for her first car. She wants a 4X4 Dodge truck or a Jeep. She found one in the local adds. Called me at work to let me know she found a cheap truck for $6k. :disgust:
I told her she better get out the lawn mower and get busy:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back