Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

seats are out of a 08 rt charger, will change upper cushion to an srt cushion, the tedious process of mocking up the transmission begins

IMG_0363.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I missed this. But I like it! My vote for the front is no bumper and aluminum spoiler. If you need any help with the design details just let me know! I'd be glad to help you out!

well minitubs are no longer in the plans, now cutting for full tubs, looked at my friend 70 dart with full tubs and realized in order to go as big as a tire as i want, next step was full tubs

IMG_0400.jpg

took a set of competition engineering tubs, and we are reshaping them to the original dimensions, planning on using a portion of the original wheel tub as a support, maybe a bad idea, but looking for strengh in a car that will need it, since it will be push to the limits.....

IMG_0411.jpg

the new transmission tunnel is nearly finished, final mock up and shifter mounting is left to do

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

the floor has been lowered nearly 2 inches at its highest point to create a smoother and flatter bottom, we may plan to place a lower body pan on this car for very high speed performance

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

and the new Hurst shifter, the area has already been square out, the tunnel will be cut and a square box fabricated and welded above that portion and a rear mount fabricated to hold the rear of the Challenger hurst shifter
the front of the shifter mounts directly on the rear of the tr6060

IMG_0415.jpg

work and travelling as limited my time as well as time spent helping my friend in retrofitting his 8 second Vega, desperatelly redesigning and modifying his roll cage in order to pass sfi25 standards, so far we gutted most of his car in order to remove, redesign and recreate an older roll cage... but work is progressing

also my goals have change slightly, this car will see some scca solo and pro touring competition, however one of my main item on my bucket list was to run the salt flats......that item has been slightly modified, this car will see action in Ely, Nevada........

Dodge 29

the goal is to run unlimited......

ya my wife thinks im loosing it too.......but she is looking forward to the flight, while we drive for 3 days to get there

Dodge29

great color drt,

this beast will be sublime and like the aar cuda's, the hood as well as the top of the front fenders will be flat black, the area between the rear tail lites will also be flat black....

Dodge29

the total has now increase by about 3 more k's,

the R3 has been appropriated and we are waiting for Ohio Crank to do a run of 4.10 cranks, they tell us our rotating assembly will be available sometime in october....

4.1 stroked crank 4340, h beam rods and J-E customed made pistons, final displacement 447 cid....designed to be turned 7400rpm.....

Dodge29

ps on a schedule, next fall my youngest will be in college, shes considering NYU, there isnt going to be a lot of extra cash available to play then....would prefer she goes to UT or A&M, if not NC.....

my best friend and engine builder is trying to talk me into a new set of cylinders heads, however just cannot justify a new set right now, when i have a perfectly killer set flowing into the 300's, good enough to get us into the 600hps range
Dodge29

oh one more thing, one of my tech's figured the wiring for the seats, will have power seats for both sides, could of, probably should have gone to sparco or recaro seats, however wifey just had L4 and L5 fused and is now the proud owner of a titanium cage in her back, and a cute little card for her passport since she will lite up every warning sign when going thru an airport check point......the more comfortable seats were in order, for her, this car will see some street driving.....

Dodge29

ps will let her go thru the airport check point by herself...lol

a little bit more welding, urethane from the top and glass from the bottom, nearly completed, the 2 up and down bars go thru the floor all the way thru the bottom of the frame where it is welded, if those bars ever come out, it will be a cold day in hell....
Dodge29

Keep up the great work! Keep the pic's coming!

I've been to a lot of vintage races / shows in the NW, I see more AMC AMX's and Pantera's than old Dodge's and Plymouths. Great project!

take it easy,

Bad Shrimp

-
Back