Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
now that i have the seat located, working on angles for steering column, etc

IMG_0559.jpg

since the Hookers simply wont work, looking at the Shoenfeld stock car chassis headers, nice tight fit, plenty of ground clearance....

151LR.jpg

Dodge29

not equal lentgh, but a turbo car, not sure it matters.....oh about $189.00, with no torsion bars or steering box to contend with, should work perfectly

Dodge29

why dont you try Hedman Block Hugger headers??? They fit A-body's. I'm not 100% sure if they fit early As. They should

With a turbo, you aren't really going to have to worry about cylinder scavenging which it the reason for long tube, equal length headers. Shorty's will work just as well and may be easier to package with good ground clearance.

Progress is looking good!

every race shop needs a good mascot, this is ours, 120 lbs female purebred bloodhound name Scarlet......her registered name is Scarlet I Dont Give a Damn
and she is a real pain in the butt, when she wants attention and im not willing, busy working in the shop she will steal tools or anything laying on the floor to get my attention, shes a real baby, spoiled rotten, I routinelly find the neasuring tape laying in the middle of the backyard

SCARLETT.jpg

Multimed-1.jpg
Dodge29

and yes that her chair, she needs a new one, shes chewed the side off that one since the picture was taken
Dodge29

why dont you try Hedman Block Hugger headers??? They fit A-body's. I'm not 100% sure if they fit early As. They should

They don't quite fit the early A. Passenger side was no problem but for the driver side had to put a huge dent in the collector to get it past the steering box and I also had to grind a little off the corner of the box. shimming the motor mounts 3/8" gave me a little more clearance but it is TIGHT. The dent in the collector is probably big enough that its affecting exhaust flow. If I had to do this again I would not use the Headman headers. BTW I bought these because they were advertised to fit the early A's. And if you have power steering, forget about it.
-Tim

one of the twins, im sure my install probably wont be as badass as mad dart, but sure going to try

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

using a pair of Dodge Cummins 6.7L vgt turbos, Holset, modified to take advantage of the variable rate, should give us tremendous power with no lag and increase volume at higher rpms, power thru the entire range....from slow speed to extreme speed....each turbo should be capable of 500hps

still trying to decide how to mounts the twin, we may reshape the floor behind the wheel tubs and install the turbos inside the rear 1/4 panels....

the roll cage will continue thru the front, 2 door bars with 2 down bars connecting them, and a partial x thur the front of the door bars,

in order to pass an sscc inspection to run above 180, we must be able to sustain a crash at that speed

Dodge29

by the way our new oil pan coming from Kevko, cost me 309.00 including the modifications, as soon as i get it will post some pics of it
Dodge29

Very cool project. Looking forward to seeing the completed product.

I thought I'd send along a few shots of Bob Tullius' 66 TransAm car for ideas/inspiration. It was quite successful. Several outright wins, finished 2nd in the series in 67.

Attachments

• img142.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 881
  • img147.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 876
  • img152.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 881
  • img170.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 886
-
Back