Decode this vin! 67 Barracuda

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
Formula S?

IMG_1736.jpeg

Sway bar for sure. Engine could be 273 commando, or 383. 273 had single exhaust with resonator. Not sure on rim sizes. Not sure on other fendertag codes. Another reason we should have a 67 decoder as they are unique, but apparently too much is involved for this site to do.
So correct me here, does that mean the car would have came with a sway bar, and the rectangle muffler cut out? 14x5.5 would it of been a 273 four barrel?

Get a better photo, many are not readable

Last edited:
I know the picture looks all wonky that’s what th3 seller sent me though! Thanks I guess I’m going to do some thinking on this car

I think for '67 basically make a notebook of what you can pickup from people who have been nice enough to share knowledge.

Ones circled in red are BH29=fastback.
and that's the begining of the VIN. Full VIN is on the door frame. Only other items it will have coded are engine, year, and plant.
The plate you are looking at is generally called the Data plate.

Last edited:
As a 273-4bbl car, it would have the single rectangular cutout. As a Formula S car, it would have HD suspension, including uprated torsion bars and rear springs, anti-sway bar and 14 x 5.5 wheels.

As a 273-4bbl car, it would have the single rectangular cutout. As a Formula S car, it would have HD suspension, including uprated torsion bars and rear springs, anti-sway bar and 14 x 5.5 wheels.
Thanks for clarifying that. Would the exhaust pipe have had a rectangular tip to match the cutout or just a typical round end sloping downward?
Steve

-
Back