Demon Dates

-

Volsung

Reaction score
Hello all,

New here and I joined because I've just bought a project car and getting ready to start resto but I have a strange question.

The Demon was built in 71 and 72 only right?

Well when I transfered the title, I noticed it was a 70 Demon. Not a 70 Dart or 71 Demon, a 70 Demon. I asked the lady to check again and she verified that it was a 70 Demon. Any Ideas?

She's wrong, 71 and 72 only. It may have been built in 1970 for the 71 model year and maybe she's thinking that makes it a 70. Mine is actually registered as a 71 Dart Demon as per the DMV.

That's just it, she checked past transfers and it has allways been a 70 Demon ever since it was first titled.

I have a standard cab 2004 Hemi Ram pickup that says it's a quad cab on the title. It was a screw-up at the originating dealership, and that's the way it is.

Shoot us the numbers off the fendertag, and we'll help you decode it.

71 and 72 was it the southern bible belt was part of the reason there wasnt a 73-on

with the data plate numbers i could tell you what month it was built if the door decal doesnt match the vin

No fender tag yet and I haven't gotten a chance to dig out the doors. Bought it as a basket case.

Body Type: L = Dodge Dart / Demon
Price Class: M = Medium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Engine: H = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Year: 1 = 1971
Sequence Number: 162005 = 62005th Vehical Built

That's just the VIN. If you have the fender tag, we can tell more. Apparently, that was the 62005th car to be built at Hamtramck that year. My Demon was built in LA, and was the 7309th vehicle on the list for that year. I think the build date on my car was Sept 20, 1970.

Yeah, along with the original parts, I received additional parts for about 5 cars with it.
I have some sorting to do.

Here's some pics,

first is the car as I recieved it.

69 440

I'm currently working on a rotisorie for the car

Attachments

• IMAG0254.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0266.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 136