Demon front end.

-

amzchad

Reaction score
I love the look of the dodge demon when it comes to the grill, hood, valance, and the bumper. I would love to get this onto my 74 dart sport. How do i go about this? And Do i really need to get the fenders also?

Any help would be appreciated.

You'll need the hood, fenders with extensions, valence, and hood latch support assembly. It is also a good idea to pull the front turn signal pigtails. The light sockets are different between the 72 and 73 models for certain. If the 74 does not have pigtails to the front turn signals, you'll need to pull the front wiring harness that includes the lights. Otherwise, be prepared to improvise.

The fenders on the 73 & later have a vertical front end. The 70-72 Dart/Demon have shorter fenders, that are straight, capped with extensions that tilt towards the wheels at the bottom.

Any 70-72 Dart or Demon that has good front sheet metal will make a good donor. The 72 grille and headlight surrounds are unique to that year. I'm not aware of any difference between the 70 & 71 models.

Now say if i were to find a demon could i pull all of the front end body peices off of it could i bolt it all up on my car and have all the body lines match up and everything?

or could i pull off of and earlier duster and just get the demon grill?

Yep. May have to shim the fenders a bit, but that's par for the course. You don't have to limit your search to just Demons. Dart front sheet metal is the same. It gets different from the front door to the rear of the car.

Oh yeah, some of the 70-72 Dodge A-bodies have chrome trim around fender opening to the grille and along the front edge of the hood. Some of it may be missing or bent. I haven't found it in any of my usual hunting spots.

well i will keep an eye out for some fenders i think there are some in the sacromento craiglist. But we will see. I would like to get the fenders, grill, bumper,valance, and go ahead and just buy a fiberglass hood. but still lost on the bodyline part. When the fenders are put on do they match?

So the front of the hood and fender trim was optional? Was there a different hood and fender if you had the trim?

I actually just got the right side fender trim today from a friend...I am thinking the rest of the pieces are going to be nigh impossible to find...

-
Back