Details - Flipping Pistons earns 5,000 dollars - LITERALLY ??

Was the piston flip worth 5,000 dollars ???

• Yes! It was the .03 differnce to win !!!

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Nope, piston flip had no bearing on the race !!

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is what we KNOW:
  • UTG won by .03 (three hundredths of a second) over Casper
  • Argument is flipping pistons is worth about 5 hp, which is about .03 in a 2900 lb car
So, did the UTG - famed piston flip controversy actually put 5 grand in Tony's pocket ????

Dude slept at the light. With a better driver bottle rocket would have been clapped I think.

Dude slept at the light. With a better driver bottle rocket would have been clapped I think.
No doubt about it. But still, the difference in the race at the finish was .03, and was the piston-flip that difference and put 5k in Tony's pocket? That is the question.

I think it was due to weight reduction by not having front shocks. lol

No doubt about it. But still, the difference in the race at the finish was .03, and was the piston-flip that difference and put 5k in Tony's pocket? That is the question.
I don’t think so. As far as I know he didn’t dyno anything before or after. Only proof I’ve seen dyno wise has shown no difference or such a little difference it wouldn’t be noticed.

But the argument could be made for it.

Tony said it in his live last night .... The difference at the finish for 5 grand was the piston flip... the .03 that was needed :)

Did not you see the pic of UT piston mods, he not only flips them, he lightens them, and more I bet.
Check out the address on the shipping label.
Look deep into the inside of the piston .

IMG_20230322_112344_741.jpg

IMG_20230322_112103_481.jpg

Actually Casper was faster AND quicker, it was the sleeping on the tree that made the difference. That's got nothing to do with flipping pistons.

Actually Casper was faster AND quicker, it was the sleeping on the tree that made the difference. That's got nothing to do with flipping pistons.
yes, nobody disputes that. Casper even ran the quicker time and more mph. Fact is, BR crossed the line .03 ahead of Casper and was it due to the piston flip?

yes, nobody disputes that. Casper even ran the quicker time and more mph. Fact is, BR crossed the line .03 ahead of Casper and was it due to the piston flip?
I get what your trying to correlate there, but its flawed premise. What if UT took a big dump before the race? What if caspers tires were slack, what if his carburetor loaded up, all those things MIGHT have been a factor, but he lost at the TREE, zero way to attribute that to his piston flip claim. Another way to ask your question would be, if Andy would have cut a equal light, would the piston flip been a advantage?

It was the extra gram of nitrous that did it along with having no front shocks. lol
I'd like to see him make it through a full 1/4 run.
his car reminds me of the first time the 67 Coronet with a 451/4sp made a pass with worn out suspension. dangerous.
Car made one pass before an underwear change.

It was the extra gram of nitrous that did it along with having no front shocks. lol
I'd like to see him make it through a full 1/4 run.
his car reminds me of the first time the 67 Coronet with a 451/4sp made a pass with worn out suspension. dangerous.
Car made one pass before an underwear change.
What if he hadnt used his map gas torch on the nitrous bottle? Lower pressure could have mad a difference

Not a chance thats up there with the leaf blower supercharger

-
Back