Did I find me a find???

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all!!! Me and my son Ian were out looking at local Mopars for sale last night and I decided to stop and look up a guy who I knew was parting out a couple of 65-66 Barracudas last year. I remember from stopping before that the 65 was a formula S car and remember seeing a rear sway bar setup laying next to the carnage. So this time I asked him what happened to the car and more importantly the sway bar. He showed me what was left of the car and informed me that not only did he still have the rear sway bar but also the front and I could have them both for $20.00. I didn't hesitate to bring out the Jackson and brought them home. Well, I ain't exactly sure if these are OE equipment or not, so I'm posting a couple pictures for the more informed public to chime in. Did I find myself a find here??? Or are they some early over the counter items???

By the way, the 66 is still there and I made an offer to buy the whole car. He isn't interested in it and has no desire to part out another car, so I told him to mull over my offer and get back to me. Any information about these sway bars would be much appreciated!!! Thanks FABO, Geof

100_2179.jpg

100_2180.jpg

I have a 65 s front sway bar looks stock, the rear looks like an aftermarket one I used on my old 66 (lost and gone) when set up for strip. Hope it helps. I do not think they had rear sway bars stock just front?

The front has the wrong type mounts for an early A but looks correct as far as bends. The rear almost looks like what was on the 80s police cars.

I sure hope you get to use them :cheers:
Sway bar's sure do make allot of difference and makes these A bodies handle sooo much better Like night and day :happy10:
Glad you and Ian had a great day together, both for $20.00 :toothy10:
Congratulations :-D

Looks like aftermarket bars, not original for an early-a car. But, if they fit, they will work, so you still got a good deal.

I sure hope you get to use them :cheers:
Sway bar's sure do make allot of difference and makes these A bodies handle sooo much better Like night and day :happy10:
Glad you and Ian had a great day together, both for $20.00 :toothy10:
Congratulations :-D

Me and Ian were enjoying a boys night out in the little 66 while the girls were all at the Cherryholmes concert. Stopped and saw some old friends and made a couple new ones, then had steak for dinner and went swimming to cool off. Then we watched the end of the Tiger game with a big bowl of ice cream!!! Thats man stuff right there!!!LOL Geof

Thanks for all the replies everyone, it sure helps to have some extra eyes who know what they're looking at. I'm gonna blast and paint them and see if they fit, if they do, I think i'll put them on and see how they work. They look to be completely bolt on, even the front LCA tabs. I'll report back on these just for kicks!! Thanks again all, Geof

Both are aftermarket sway bars. I've both factory types and they don't look like yours.
Thanks, Mark

Howdy all!!! Me and my son Ian were out looking at local Mopars for sale last night and I decided to stop and look up a guy who I knew was parting out a couple of 65-66 Barracudas last year. I remember from stopping before that the 65 was a formula S car and remember seeing a rear sway bar setup laying next to the carnage. So this time I asked him what happened to the car and more importantly the sway bar. He showed me what was left of the car and informed me that not only did he still have the rear sway bar but also the front and I could have them both for $20.00. I didn't hesitate to bring out the Jackson and brought them home. Well, I ain't exactly sure if these are OE equipment or not, so I'm posting a couple pictures for the more informed public to chime in. Did I find myself a find here??? Or are they some early over the counter items???

By the way, the 66 is still there and I made an offer to buy the whole car. He isn't interested in it and has no desire to part out another car, so I told him to mull over my offer and get back to me. Any information about these sway bars would be much appreciated!!! Thanks FABO, Geof
..................................................................................................
Here's a couple of factory sway bars. The top one is the factory '65-6 A-body front. The bottom one is the '76 Dart police only rear sway bar. The angle of the photo doesn't show it but there is dip in the center of the bar where the diff would be. These are not for sale so no PM's please!
Thanks, Mark

100_0581.jpg

That is a great find! You really scored.

Hey, Monroe Mich., I grew up in Jackson but now live out in CA. I see your thread is a bit old. Any chance you still have that sway bar? If so, would it fit on my '65 GT? Thanks, F.P.

-
Back