did I lace this hub correctly

-

smalblokmopar

Reaction score
So I am putting my frontend togetherandI amnot sure the correct why at lace the bolts. Ilooks horrible to me. I think i need to pull it tighter at the very least.

IMG-20120912-00243.jpg

They need to be tighter as mentioned, but you need to lace in such a manner that if a bolt were to begin working loose, it will pull the safety wire tighter.

See how if the bolt begins to unthread, it pull against the safety wire immediately:
52_130202b.jpg

I did my Wilwood like this...

DSC_0857.jpg

Spinning them with the safety wire plyers is the best way. Harbour Freight has a set for not alot of money.

Riddler

As an aircraft mechanic i prefer riddler's way that's proper aircraft technique however the other way would work as well.

I did my Wilwood like this...

Spinning them with the safety wire plyers is the best way. Harbour Freight has a set for not alot of money.

Riddler

Yep. That is exactly how I did my wilwood rotors. exactly. looks good man.

Wish I remembered how to safety wire things, I was the pit crew for a road racer a while back and he taught me how to do it but I have no clue as to the right way to it. Will be saving the pictures posted here. Thanks guys.....

Great thread,small things like this,make a huge difference at crunch time.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never even heard of this. Is this for older rotors or brakes used in racing? Obviously it appears to be a safety measure to prevent the bolts from loosening, but is this a common problem? Would locktite be an option for preventing them from backing out?

-
Back