Difference Between Dart and Dart Swinger?

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
What is the difference between a Dodge Dart and a Dart Swinger in 1972? I've tried searching but couldn't come up with what I was looking for.
Thanks,
Jon

ahh but you could get a swinger with a /6. I think it was only a little bit of trim added on. drip rails, wheel moldings, rocker trim...

I think a Swinger is a 2 door only, but you could get a 4 door Dart in 72.

The only 2 door Darts available in 72 were Dart Demons....I think. :scratch:

Sure not the same difference in '72 and it was in '69! In 1969 the Swinger got you the 340 and a whole lot of fun. The one I bought used in very late 1969 ran a best in 'Pure Stock' trim of 14.28 @ 98+mph with a non-SureGrip 3.23 and 'hard' Goodyear Polyglas G70-14 tires.

This is a single bbl slant six with factory AC, automatic, front drums, bench seats, vinyl top. He called it a Swinger on the phone, is there a way to double check?
I appreciate the help.
-Jon

all 72 2 door darts,not demons, were swingers, no 4 door swingers

I believe 72 Demons were called "Dart Demon". I think this was the only model 2-Door 72 Dart that was not a Swinger.

This is a single bbl slant six with factory AC, automatic, front drums, bench seats, vinyl top. He called it a Swinger on the phone, is there a way to double check?
I appreciate the help.
-Jon

If it's a 2 door and he called it a Swinger, that's what it probably is. Body style is completely different from the 72 Dart Demon.

Good luck on the hunt.....

ok I think in 70 71 72 you had your choice in 2doors between the swinger and the custom. both were the standard dart body and the difference was trim. you could use the vin decoder on this site to tell you what it is.

Hope these help

cover.jpg

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

backpage.jpg

res1vw21, Thanks for clearing that up for me. I always thought that a 72 2 door body style was called a Swinger.......didn't remember or know about a 2 door Dart custom.....never seem to hear anyone talking about the Custom. :cheers:

Is there a different code in the VIN # for the Custom vs the Swinger and the Dart Demon?

found some more for '72

Ok....now you've got me back to my original post on this subject. For 72 the only models available in a 2-door were the Swinger and Dart Demon..Correct ? :-?

Seems like the Dart Custom was a 4 door only model.......

Yep. Get the 3rd & 4th digits of the VIN

4dr sedan 43
2dr coupe 21
2dr sports hard top 29 Demon/Duster
2dr hardtop 23 Swinger/Scamp

bitchin' pics....I grew up in that era...... remember em well....one of my best memories as a kid is discovering the hotrod mags at the grocerey store...

-
Back