difference from earlie to late A bodies

-

moparnut426

Reaction score
There is a magnumforce front end Im looking at thats for a earlie 60-66 A bodie, what is the major differences from that K member to one under my Demon? I have a 73 large bolt front end under the Demon.

Just wondering if the K member and upper/lower control arms will be able to make work?

Thanks guys

nope. the later k frame is much different, won't say it can't be done, but would be more work than its worth. The uca and lca will work, as will the spindles and 73 brakes.

:toothy8: So if I can buy the upper lower control arms, and buy the coil overs off him They will work? I kinda plan on trying to eliminate my torsion bars, My hedmans hit all over, I love the headers though, nice looking and decent fit with nice road clearance. I know TTI is better, but these were at a great price.

Even if if I could just get the uppers that would be better than what I have.

I don't know what kind of price you ar getting , but it might be simpler to convert the front to coil overs using the existing K and components.
It requires some fabrication skills , but I have seen it done with pretty decent looking results over at www.bigblockdart.com .
I haven't searched the archives here , but I gotta believe a few members here have done the same thing.
Then , you just buy the shocks and make the rest.
Tubular upper arms are nice....nicer if they have heim joints instead of solid mounts , but I have seen pics of this done with stock A arms.

I know if you use the stock uppers, you basically have to open the "hole" up where the coil over can rub inside the factory arm, and you have to make the lower control arm stay by bolting it in place or it will fall out. Ive thought about it, I just might do that this winter when I start my Dana 60 rear swap.

I have a lot of customer projects to finish up first though.

you have to make the lower control arm stay by bolting it in place or it will fall out.

i never had any worries about this happening in the 10 or so years since i did this modification. if you think about it the pivot point for the lower control arm is the braking strut rod. as you drive along going forward the friction of the road is forcing the tire to the rear and outward. that's why we add toe-in to the front end. anyway that friction causes the lca to pivot on the brake rod forcing the lca into the bushing it's pressed into. now you may think the backing up it does just the opposite and you are correct but with new bushings and we don't go in reverse for to long or at high speeds nothing will happen. but for safty of mind you can weld an "L" shaped tab in place on the "K" frame to ease your mind.

-
Back