Differences between 67 and 68 darts

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hello:

What are the exterior differences between a 67 dart and a 68 dart?

For the 68, I'm talking about whatever low trim version they made the hemi darts out.

Thanks for any help:

Steve

67 GT and GTS had trim on top of fenders with blinkers. Trim ran from front to back on top edge. Rocker panels were about 2 inches wide. Tail panel on 67. Also no side marker lights where 68 had round markers. Windshield trim was plastic on 67 and stainless on 68. Grills also different.Joe

the SS hemi darts were made out of GTS 383 cars... then they used 270 door panels and a100 seat...

there are some brackets in the trunk that are non existent in the 68 cars, the tail light buckets (in the body) need to be modified to fit the 68 bucket in there...

as said round marker lights on the rear (the factory didn't use them in the front due to the glass front end)

this is just off the top of my head but if you want to call tomarrow greg can get you some more info

www.ssandafx.com 623-465-7277

I also believe the pitman or lower control arm is different between the 67 & 68. Dash is also different between the 2 models. 67's have the backup lights in the bumper, 68's have them in the taillight housing.

Dan in Silicon Valley

Grilles are different, the serial number location on a '67 is on the door pillar, the '68 location is on the dash.

another one is the doors....

the location for the lock thing on the top of the door is in a different spot between 67/68

also i think it was 67 the wind wing vent was held by a screw that you could see the head just above the window crank, 68 they had an allen bolt with a plastic cap over it

-
Back