Different size rims

-

OhioJeremy

Reaction score
With tire selection being what it is for 15" rims, is anyone running a 17" on back and 15" on front on their '67 thru '69 Barracuda. Just wondering what it would look like.

I think it would look awful . You will most likely end up with more sidewall on the front than the back (which will look weird IMO) , unless the rear tire diameter is very large. Actually , the opposite (17 on front , 15 on rear )wouldn't look too bad. Pretty common to see late model cars at the drags with smaller diameter wheels on the back. Here's a cool RR pic I found on the net :

rr 69 orange 2.jpg

With tire selection being what it is for 15" rims, is anyone running a 17" on back and 15" on front on their '67 thru '69 Barracuda. Just wondering what it would look like.
I've contemplated doing this when I get new wheels for my duster after my disc brake conversion. can really only fit 25" tall tires in the front, and I'd like to run 27" tall tires in the rear. I really like the vision 148 wheels. with the staggered height I'm considering, the sidewall height on the fronts and the rears would be the same (something like a 215/60R15 and a 235/55R17 or 255/50R17).....problem is finding a tire that has the correct sizes. on tirerack only a high mileage (600+ treadwear rating) general altimax RT45 comes up when you search for 215/60R15 & 235/55R17.....since I only put on 2-3k miles a year, figured I might want something grippier, and they'd still last me a decade.

I've contemplated doing this when I get new wheels for my duster after my disc brake conversion. can really only fit 25" tall tires in the front, and I'd like to run 27" tall tires in the rear. I really like the vision 148 wheels. with the staggered height I'm considering, the sidewall height on the fronts and the rears would be the same (something like a 215/60R15 and a 235/55R17 or 255/50R17).....problem is finding a tire that has the correct sizes. on tirerack only a high mileage (600+ treadwear rating) general altimax RT45 comes up when you search for 215/60R15 & 235/55R17.....since I only put on 2-3k miles a year, figured I might want something grippier, and they'd still last me a decade.
I went with 15" visons. Haven't got tires mounted yet. Look at Priority Tires website. They have good selection of tires. Some are chinese, Thailand or Mexican made but they still have to meet USA requirements.

leaning towards 17's all the way around (225/45 or 235/45 in the front and 255/50 in the rear) with Nitto 555 tires....

leaning towards 17's all the way around (225/45 or 235/45 in the front and 255/50 in the rear) with Nitto 555 tires....
Did you get your wheel tire combo figured out? Looking for wheels and tires for my Demon still, it's hard to find wheels with the correct B.S.
What did you end up with for B.S? Pics would be great if you have any.
Thanks

Did you get your wheel tire combo figured out? Looking for wheels and tires for my Demon still, it's hard to find wheels with the correct B.S.
What did you end up with for B.S? Pics would be great if you have any.
Thanks
To just get the car back on the ground after the suspension rebuild/disc brake swap I found a set of 14" rallyes locally for $225 I picked up and repainted. not sure if I will get to the Vision 148's anytime soon, getting the stink eye from my wife on how much I've spent the last 6 months on maintenance costs on my 2011 charger DD and the repair/upgrade costs on the duster.....

-
Back