Digital Dash

-
not yet,but ive been planning on it for a while.I plan to mount it behind my factory outer cluster housing,in my 71 dart with non ralley dash cluster.I really like how everything comes in one set up,all guages,senders,etc.

I have been planning a gauge upgrade for a while now.When I saw this it became clear what I was going to do.I think I am going to use a dash from a 1972 that I got a year ago and shape a panel out of a flat piece 1/8" plastic.

http://nordskogperformance.net/product.php?productid=18582&cat=10&page=2

Has anybody installed any of these dashes?It looks really cool.

I used one in an unconventional way in my 68 Dart.
Interior17_18_19crop.jpg

I went with individual gauges in my 71 Duster.
Dash1000x665.jpg

Nice looking Dashes.What did you use for the Dart dash?

Thanks ramhemi. The Dart dash has the Nordskog unit you were looking at. It's mounted behind a sheet of clear acrylic which I covered with a metallic vinyl. I cut out openings for the readouts in the vinyl before applying it.

The dash also has some individual Dakota Digital gauges. The indicators are some 7-segment LEDs I hard-wired to display what I wanted them to show when on. Top-center in front of the steering wheel is a built in shift light, also mounted behind the clear acrylic sheet.

Abodysickness, that's one really amazing dash. Looks like some kind of Hollywood spaceship, in a good way.

Got an individual Nordskog gauge in my (non-Mopar) daily driver, for air/fuel ratio. It's a result of a now-dropped joint venture between Nordskog and Innovate Motorsports. No real complaints about it. I'm not too sure I would run an all digital dash on a street car after owning a C4 Corvette like that, though that's more a matter of personal preference.

The last question that I have is the speed sensor.I am limited on room at the transmission.Can i put it under the dash ran off of the Speedo Cable?

The last question that I have is the speed sensor.I am limited on room at the transmission.Can i put it under the dash ran off of the Speedo Cable?

Hmmm, never thought of that. I don't see why you couldn't with a little modification. The way it's made, the sensor housing screws into the side of the tranny. You'd just have to secure the sensor housing to something solid and secure the outside housing of the speedo cable to the sensor housing.

-
Back