Dinner conversation at Christmas

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
The whole family...16 of them.
My 21 year old mentions to my mom that 'dad' has built an engine in his garage and that later in the week 'we' are going to install it.(we did)
Dad(82 with alzheimers) says: "son..that is great! I taught you well. Remember our 74 Dart Custom?".
Everyone stares at him with that WTF look....
Sister asks: "why do you have to put a new engine in your car?..did the other one go bad?"
I sez.."no..the old one was just fine. But it was not powerful enough."
Other sister asks : "what do you need more power for?"
Me: "because I want to go 0-115 mph in 11-1/2 seconds"
Mom: 'you just turned fifty! that is totally irresponsible. You have a family to think about, mortgage to pay..ect..blab blab blab..."
I power down another 7&7..with the emphasis on 7.

So later in the evening, after i got home, I pondered that question.

Fell asleep and dreamed of going 120mph in 11-1/2 seconds.

true story

I know. Last wife= Why do you work on that old car? Buy a new one.( The old car is the first new car I ever bought, 70 Duster.)
Then she says ( she had a good running truck), think I can buy a Mustang? I had one in high school, that daddy bought me. I said sure, with trade in on the truck, and your salary; cool. How about you let me see it before you buy it?
She says OK.
She buys a 1999, and brings it home. I lift the hood; FWD sidewinder; I ask her "why didn't you get a v8, like your last one?"
Deer in the headlight stare." That's not what I used to have?"
Most women don't, but some do; have a clue about what we are dealing with. I used to stomp Mustangs, 302's, with a 318 Duster.
And no, honey, unless it said 5.0, it is not a V8.

My father in law is the same way. He asks me what I've done to the car lately, then asks why do I spend money on that old car?!? Some people just don't get it.

For every cool Mopar guy, there are at least one or two in every family that just don't understand.

I have five Brothers.

They all like chicks, guns, and muscle cars exept for one, and his Wife is a mad drunk, their kids are insane, and they both are big obama fans....nuff said.

For every cool Mopar guy, there are at least one or two in every family that just don't understand.

I have five Brothers.

They all like chicks, guns, and muscle cars exept for one, and his Wife is a mad drunk, their kids are insane, and they both are big obama fans....nuff said.

LOL thats funny!!:toothy10:

My father in law is the same way. He asks me what I've done to the car lately, then asks why do I spend money on that old car?!? Some people just don't get it.

My wife gets it. She's appreciative to have someone who can turn the wrench without her having to pay for it (and with some of the ones her dad stuck her in...ooohhhh boy!). As a matter of fact my wife would like me to build her a fat fendered rod one of these days.
My father in law, on the other hand...like yours..."why are you putting the money into a car that's that old? Will it be worth the investment? Why do you want that much horsepower." My answers: because I can. Yep, it's worth the investment (especially the B and E bodies), and when it comes to horsepower enough's enough but too much is just right. I really don't talk cars with my father in law and usually try to avoid conversing about them. My mother-in-law, on the other hand, thinks it's great that Jamison has his Duster (she had one) and loves the story behind my Sport Satellite.

-
Back