Disc brake pad clips

-

68coupe

Reaction score
I bought the package of brake pad mounting hardware from Autozone. I know how the larger clips are installed. I need to know how the smaller clips are installed. Obviously, they are mounted with the supplied bolt. I found one picture showing the smaller clips mounted "on top" of the larger clips, but that way they don't seem to have any function. I'm converting from drums to disc. Anybody got any pictures or diagrams? Thanks

Those are anti--rattle springs. The ones I've seen can only go one way as they have a bent lip at one edge, and won't fit "under" the caliper retainer clip

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

21.jpg

Sorry - I forgot. It's a 68 Barracuda and I'm putting 73-76 Duster disc Brakes on front. I would include a picture but I haven't figured out how to reduce the size yet. There are eight clips included - Four large, two per side that secure the caliper to the brackets and four small clips. I'm thinking they go under the large clips - maybe to keep the pads from vibrating?
Thanks

OK - The clips are on! It wouldn't be a big waste if they got lost from the looks of it. Thanks for the picture 67Dart273.

-
Back