discussion on fb

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I think its wack

[ame="http://s213.photobucket.com/user/bigdummy71/media/Screenshot_2014-11-19-09-47-10_zpsd3yvhqla.png.html"]Screenshot_2014-11-19-09-47-10_zpsd3yvhqla.png Photo by bigdummy71 | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/Screenshot_2014-11-19-09-47-10_zpsd3yvhqla.p@@AMEPARAM@@213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/Screenshot_2014-11-19-09-47-10_zpsd3yvhqla.p[/ame]

I use it to find and talk to old friends. Made one mistake getting in a pissing contest with a school mates adult son. We were talking about Fl governor debates and he twisted it into a debate on gay rights. :wack: I am old school but I believe in live and let live. Once he twisted the post I stopped talking to him. I sent message to his mom that out of respect for her I would not debate with him any more. I told her That he needed therapy to help him deal with his anger with dealing with being gay! His mother and I are no longer friends. So no more politics on fb :toothy1:

I have never used it, but it seems prone to creating unnecessary DRAMA, which I don't need.

i find it a waste of time to argue with people over the purpose of an anus and all the drama surrounding it lol

i can think of better things to spend my time on...

facebook is great for a number of reasons...

i use it to socialize ofcourse.. only drama is what you allow. if someone is creating drama you just block them.. its funny.. the ones i usually see complaining about the drama there are the ones usually causing it..lol i've actually found quite a few people from school that i lost touch with over the years. a couple i have become friends with again.. family that isn't local anymore its awesome to keep in touch with.. they get to see my kids growing.

the other part thats awesome about facebook is that many companies use it to advertise. you can get discounts and things like that from their posts.. and when a company screws up for you in some way you just post and trust me they reply and make things right. i've done it many times and whoever is running the facebook page for them gets in touch with me fast. and they have always made things right...

there are a bunch of mopar pages, classifies pages just for mopars too.. hell i'm real close to shutting down my site (bored of it) and just using the facebook page we have set up. its faster and easier to get in touch with a group in my opinion..

facebook is now a tool.. take advantage of it..

i love all the people that say that facebook causes drama... lol.. thats like saying guns kill people and forks make people fat... i have been on facebook almost since its beginning.. used it to keep in touch with my brother who lives in Japan.. Have reconnected with many old friends, and keep in touch with family... so far... no drama of any kind,.. if i see others trying to create drama, or having drama of their own.. I ignore it... Kinda like if I dont like whats on tv, i turn the station... for what its worth, i believe any social media outlet can have drama.. I have seen it happen here.. the trick is to not be part of it... its a choice.. Me, I enjoy facebook

I too thought it caused too many problems

But sitting at hospital waiting room and used FB to send updates on the wife to all on her FB page and mine which she set up to get points for her game.

I didn't use it. But since I have been off Work with rotator cuff surgery and bored out of my mind have been on there

Some great sub sites that are car related on there.

The drama is from those that feel comfortable behind their computer screen and say things before thinking. Then the fact these are your friends and family the snowball starts down hill.

Have enjoyed time spent there, but getting bored of it

and none of that ever happens here?? :)

The only problem I had was with the one young man. His mom unfriended me and I blocked both of them. I now avoid discussing politics with everyone here or FB. I have reconnected with people I knew growing up and have gone camping and to car shows with them. So the good out weighs the bad for me. So I like it just like talking to people here.

I too thought it caused too many problems

But sitting at hospital waiting room and used FB to send updates on the wife to all on her FB page and mine which she set up to get points for her game.

I didn't use it. But since I have been off Work with rotator cuff surgery and bored out of my mind have been on there

Some great sub sites that are car related on there.

The drama is from those that feel comfortable behind their computer screen and say things before thinking. Then the fact these are your friends and family the snowball starts down hill.

Have enjoyed time spent there, but getting bored of it

Just had this surgery myself 12 days ago. How long have you been out and how much longer anticipated? I'm bored already.:pale:

Since I discovered the "I don't want to see this" feature when you click on the little arrow at the upper right of the post, I'm a lot happier on fb. Now I just delete all the things I don't want to see. Works great.

I also have this uncanny talent of just scrolling right past something that I dont wish to see or read, used to guage my own well being by how misserable others were LOL, I just scroll right past em now!!!

FB is not a chat room. It's a media tool. It's an advertising medium. Sometimes it's the only way to communicate with a company or corporation. It's a bulletin board for any and all upcoming events. It's a search engine. It can be as informative as Wiki. Or more. It's also a gathering place for friends. New and old. You can invite them all out to dinner with one invitation.
In fact. It's getting more and more difficult to survive in the computer age without FB. Besides. If you're against FB, Zuckerberg's billions put you in the minority.

I don't do fb, but wife does, it at least keeps me updated on my nieces/nephews. This past weekend I was talking to my Mom on the phone (old school?) She said she got a kick out of my wife's post (that I didn't know she made) about my battles with our kitchen sink faucet install. When I found out, I made her take a picture of the completed faucet and post that I had won....why do I care? Hmmm

I find it funny to see who is into what nowadays! You have the picture in your mind about how somebody was, but its scary sometimes how someone you knew went in what direction!! I also can't stand the posts from the same people about the same thing over and over, and all the "share" bs, its too much sometimes!! I guess I'm just not that into what other people see as important sometimes!! Grumpy old man!!! Geof

FB is not a chat room. It's a media tool. It's an advertising medium. Sometimes it's the only way to communicate with a company or corporation. It's a bulletin board for any and all upcoming events. It's a search engine. It can be as informative as Wiki. Or more. It's also a gathering place for friends. New and old. You can invite them all out to dinner with one invitation.
In fact. It's getting more and more difficult to survive in the computer age without FB. Besides. If you're against FB, Zuckerberg's billions put you in the minority.

A price I'm willing to pay.

A few years ago I thought I'd see what all the hoopla was about. Alas, there isn't much there you can see without being a member. Started to create an account, but was very much put off by the amount of info they wanted about you. Unfortunately, most of the sub-groups require moderator approval in order for you to join, and they tend to reject you if there are gaps in your profile. Phooey! I'm trying to maintain at least a shred of privacy and the last thing I want to do is give FB a bunch of personal info. Abandoned the account, don't even remember what email address I set it up under.

To me the disadvantages outweigh any benefits. If the only way a business allows you to contact them is thru FB, then they've lost a potential customer.
Besides, the last thing I need is another way to waste time online.

I cant see what you posted originally.

I enjoy FB and like to catch up with people. I have a friend right now that is in Cambodia on a mission trip and we have been chatting about it and the differences in cultures etc.. Its also fun to see what everyone else is up to. Yes I've seen arguments and a whole lot of drama but I tend to laugh as I read them and keep scrolling. Im not friends with many of you on here but would be happy to be just send me a PM and I'll look you up.. Oh and I just had surgery yesterday so I have nothing else to do for a couple months! LOL

I can't see anything in your first post , just this = I think its wack

-
Back