Distribution block and adjustable prop valve

-

coro500net

Reaction score
69 Valiant originally 4 drums, now 73 A body ft disc’s,rear 11 in drums.
Can I run all lines to the original distribution block then cut the line going to rear brakes on the frame rail, then install a adjustable prop valve? Or do I bypass the block and add prop valve right off master cylinder line going to rear?

I blocked my prop valve and went straight from mc to adjustable rear seems to work fine

Can I run all lines to the original distribution block then cut the line going to rear brakes on the frame rail, then install a adjustable prop valve? Or do I bypass the block and add prop valve right off master cylinder line going to rear?
I have nearLy the same setup and set, cut my prop valve in after the D block and mounted it to the frame rail just like you’re asking. My prop valve adjustment is wide open for best front/rear braking. I bet it would work either way but I wanted to keep my D block in place. Good luck. Brian.

I'm planning on eliminating the distribution valve all together. Rear line to Wilwood adjustable prop valve, front line to line lock and then split to either caliper. Just waiting on all the parts I have on order to show up, lots of shipping delays with this Coronavirus bullshit.

I'm planning on eliminating the distribution valve all together. Rear line to Wilwood adjustable prop valve, front line to line lock and then split to either caliper. Just waiting on all the parts I have on order to show up, lots of shipping delays with this Coronavirus bullshit.
I have a replacement brake line kit, easier than making my own lines. Running a aluminum Mopar master cylinder also.

Yes! Or other ways. If you want the brake warning light to work correctly then go that route.

I have a replacement brake line kit, easier than making my own lines. Running a aluminum Mopar master cylinder also.
Yeah I'm fabbing up all my own lines on this car so I have a little more free reign with how things will be routed. I was planning on running an aluminum master but Canada Post lost it so I bought a standard one from my local parts guy.

I used one of these on my car, I eliminated the stock distro valve and plumbed everything to this. It's actually the same as the Wilwood one, just Summit branded for $25 cheaper.

Summit Racing® Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valves SUM-G3906

The $25 I saved allowed me to almost pay for the mounting bracket for it. Although I had to modify it a bit since I use a Dr Diff master, not the Wilwood one it was designed to attach to.
Wilwood Combination Proportioning Valve Mounting Brackets 220-13189

It was a tough plumbing job to get the linelock installed between the master and the valve using that bracket though.

20200407_164301.jpg

-
Back