Distributor question

-
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. It should not drop 4-500rpm in gear.

Should be pulling 14-15" or more vaccum at idle and idle at 800-850.

I checked for that all around the engine, I cant find anything. I sprayed carb cleaner all over. My carb is pulling 14-15" at idle.

Like I said when I changed my timing lower (in the teens) it only dropped a couple hundred in gear. Then I wasnt at that 32-38* total timing. Makes me wonder if my dizzy isnt the whole problem?

Another thing Ive been tossing around, what octane gas should I be running with this set up?

Sounds like it's possibly running lean. Either got crap in the carb plugging a jet, the main jets need bumped up in size, or the vacuum secondary is opening way too soon. I'd wire the secondary's shut with a piece of wire so they can't open and take it for a test drive to see how it acts on just the primaries. If it's still real doggy try bumping up the jets 2 #'s and see if helps or hurts

Fishy, Thanks for the input.

Also my curiosity was curious. I called the engine shop today and talked to the guy that built my engine. I asked him if he degreed my cam. He said yes, every engine they build they degree them. So that eliminates that theory. Any more input on some of the other things I was curious about?

-
Back