Disturbed Duster

-

GeorgeH

Reaction score
Going to post a few pics of my project as it progresses. Just a pic to give an idea of what I'm starting with

Attachments

• 20140910_154456.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 20140910_154442.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,292
Patch panels on top of rusted floor, pop rivets, screws, great stuff foam, roofing tar, gasket sealer,you name it, it was there. Carpet was pretty much glued to the floor.

That is the stuff straight out of my nightmares! Good luck friend, you're a braver man than I!

I feel your pain. some people don't know or don't care about the right way of restoring a project. sounds like your project is in good hands. just keep at it and it will pay off in the end!

is this car from the south , that where i got mine from and it had all that plus tin foil, nothing like fixing other peoples shitty workmanship . im sure it will be fixed right this time around . not enough cars, but to many people who think they know what they are doing !!! dont drink the water , i think theres somthing in it . makes me want to smack my head into the wall just to see what these people are thinking . good luck with the fix . ed aka dartman 440

It's getting a full amd floor and I"ll post pics as I progress, the floor is currently fitted but not welded. I put in frame connectors that lay into both the front and rear rail so that ended up involving a bit of time.

is this car from the south , that where i got mine from and it had all that plus tin foil, nothing like fixing other peoples shitty workmanship . im sure it will be fixed right this time around . not enough cars, but to many people who think they know what they are doing !!! dont drink the water , i think theres somthing in it . makes me want to smack my head into the wall just to see what these people are thinking . good luck with the fix . ed aka dartman 440

Not really sure the history on the car, but it was local to me. I've done collision work my whole life, but this this is first getting into a restore this deep other than just skins and such. I'm actually enjoying working on one that the bumper is not touching the windshield. The car has some issues,but it measured out square

More

Attachments

• 20141114_173122.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,542
  • 20141114_173218.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 20141114_173159.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,255
Nice work, good to see you putting it back on the road in better condition than you got it!

Sorry about the blurry cell pics and I have to sort out rotational issues lol. Did some blasting while I was there and did quite a bit of extra welding in the torsion box area and rear torsion bar mount. Primed, fitted, prepped, welded, re-primed. Some extra reinforcing was involved. Trying to protect for rust as I go. I put the connectors in this z'd fashion and up into the front rails because I might do an od trans at some point and it gives me parallels to mount a simplified crossmember and take the load off the oe crossmember and floor should I need to.

Looks good so far, keep those pics coming!
C

More of what I started with

Attachments

• 20140813_145307.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • 2014100495205019.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,370
The PO was a wiring expert as well

Works at a local airport on aircraft:violent1:

Attachments

• 20140910_144120.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,382
Wow, let us know what airlines he works for! Outside of the car looks pretty solid, what are your end plans with the restoration?

It"s going to be a driver, plans are keep the 360/904 for now. 360 looks good, so thats rings and bearings, mild cam for now , the engine runs surprising well, it's been re-manned at some point, go through the 904 and a mild converter. The car has a ford 9 in it that seems to be in good condition although a touch wide( maybe work well with Bullit wheels). Basically get the body together, interior, paint and suspension. i have all the front end rebuild components already and a set of PST bars. later will be leafs, sway bars, etc and I'm still researching wheels. After the floor next order of business will be firewall repairs, maybe a little smoothing , apron repairs, the usual K-frame mods. Just want a clean looking cruiser.I bought this car knowing what I was getting into and I'd rather that then a covered up mess for more $$. Oh, and I want it black. lol It is a big of a budget project in ways.

Wow, let us know what airlines he works for! Outside of the car looks pretty solid, what are your end plans with the restoration?

By the looks of the paint scheme I think he works for DHL. lol maybe he got the paint for free?

By the looks of the paint scheme I think he works for DHL. lol maybe he got the paint for free?

Lol, hope he does not get involved in airplane electronics and wiring! Sounds good on your car plan, will watch for your progress.

I think the car had the amp gauge fail, He just ran multiple leads off the battery. He didn't cut the harness to pieces, did skin wires and tag into everything that way. I haven't really dug into the harness yet, but I'm thinking I might be better to get an aftermarket harness.I'm probably going to go autometer gauges. There was a battery isolator tucked up in there behind all that spaghetti.

George , you have your work, cut out for you. At least you have the skills.

More pics

Attachments

• 20141114_174710.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 20141114_195324.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,233
Above pics , floor laid in to mark lines with a silver paint marker for crossmembers , seat bracing etc. Pulled it back out and ran around the perimeter with punch/flange tool and drill the rest with a 5/16 bit. Will post some pics when the welding is completed. Quite impressed with the Amd floor as far as fit and was surprised it came with the rear seat tabs and seat belt tunnel braces.

Figured, I would post this up as it might help somebody out, there is a commercially available tool to strip seam sealer, big bucks and the wheels are high. this worked almost as well. $30 air angle grinder where you can turn the speed down by a regulator and the wheel you see. Still a mess, but it chewed through all the old crap on the floor to get to the original welds for drilling. Did I mention budget? lol

Attachments

• 20140910_131518.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,195
-
Back