"Dizzy", "Chally" and smart phones BS

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Using words like these and then "smart" phone posts on top of that makes FABO look and feel like instructions written by non English speaking Chinese.

Do some of you guys type stuff and not notice how jacked up your sentences and words are, or notice and post it anyway?

Either way, it looks and reads like ****.

Would you buy a classic American made car and when you wash it leave big shitty looking streaks?
That is exactly what letting sentences get trashed by a phone does to your posts.

Y'all talk and act like American made is the only way to go, but allow your posts to look and feel like Chinese garbage that we see for sale on Ebay.

Rant not over.:violent1:

Amen! and well said. I have used "dizzy" a couple of times, but I got the impression it was an accepted way to say distributor... What really gets me is that the message window has spell checker!!
I am sure someone will jump us here with the Grammar Police thing..

I never heard the work "dizzy" or "carby" until just a few years ago.

I've always just abbreviated Distributor as "Dist." but it seems that Dizzy is a pretty acceptable substitute. I've never heard Chally though, but Challenger is a Challenge to spell sometimes...

I hate those words, along with the one people use for Edelbrock parts, which I refuse to type.

Just for the record...my American made duster DOES leave black streaks
(Well, one...I still need a posi)

(Now there is a word I don't want to see on here)

OK, so why do some people elect to to use 'potty mouth' words in posts?

I'd rather read abbreviations & nicknames for things than that type of word usage.

Ya gotta adapt. Final conversation I had with management of my employer of 30 yrs. was them telling me you need to change or be changed.

I gave my retirement notice that day.

Now as a small buisness owner relying on social media, forums, etc.
like it or not have begun to adapt to the changing of the guard so to speak.

Oldschoolcuda

I let carby slide. That's from our friends and neighbors down under. They get a pass.

How about "vert" for convertibles??? I'm not one to abbreviate anything, unless it bugs Nella, then I do it on purpose, but then that's my job!! I'm usually a stickler about punctuation and correct grammar, but I gotta tell you, when I had parent-teacher conferences at my sons school, I asked about the sloppy penmanship and abbreviated diction, and they told me "this is the computer era, we don't grade diction and penmanship anymore, and it won't be long until we won't correct spelling either"!!! Changes, they're here!!!

is it O K to refer to transmission as "tranny". that's been its slag for last what 30 yrs ( abbreviation for "years:???) of more??

I do try to check my comments as my fingers are stiff, and even though "dislexic" (spelling?) was not invented 60 off yrs. if I don't check it, I find all kinds of blunders. I have always found myself inverted and getting everything backwards. ( I figured I was just stupid no doubt..).

back last time I had E bodies 30 years ago, we just pronounced it the hard way c h a l l e n g e rrrrrrrrrr! ha

Using words like these and then "smart" phone posts on top of that makes FABO look and feel like instructions written by non English speaking Chinese.
Do some of you guys type stuff and not notice how jacked up your sentences and words are, or notice and post it anyway?
Either way, it looks and reads like ****.
Would you buy a classic American made car and when you wash it leave big shitty looking streaks?
That is exactly what letting sentences get trashed by a phone does to your posts.
Y'all talk and act like American made is the only way to go, but allow your posts to look and feel like Chinese garbage that we see for sale on Ebay.
Rant not over.:violent1:

Oh HELL yeah! I get tired of reading ignorant **** then getting called a grammar Nazi for pointing it out. When we let stupid and ignorant stuff slide, it makes all car guys look like toothless morons. There has to be standards. I understand our overseas members having a little trouble or even a new immigrant that uses English as a second language. I do give those people more consideration.

for sure it's a tough thing - "we" are caught in a time when us old-schoolers want nothing to do with (what we see as) the bastardization of the English language - and we're not wrong.. it's gotten pretty ugly. BUT.. younger folks have been taught that it's ok to be "close" because everyone will still get it - and for the most part, we all do. So like.. it's like kewl dood.. ..or is it? :???:
PS - as for the potty mouth thing - I say sh#t, f#$k, a$$hole everyday - sometimes in one sentence - I do not however, ever say dizzy when talking cars... JMTC

It's nothing but laziness. If you don't know how to spell a word, your computer has spell check. Your smart phone will auto-complete your words for you if you get close.

I don't know. Two wings and a bucket. To each their own, I guess.

Hey, I'm looking for a Eldebrock intake. Anybody know where I can get one? (look it up yourself you lazy azz). Eldebrock? I don't know what you're talking about.

Well if you were "that" American there is no way you haven't heard of dizzy before because God knows USA, baseball and apple pie (I'll leave the other part out), and baseball had Dizzy Dean. Sure it's a different reference but you would have heard of it. And as far as shortening things down. Blame another great american icon. Your US military. Sac, Mac, Tac, Centaf, Aflc, Norad, Sitrep, Noc, I could go on and on. America had some really great things, but we pissed it away and allowed it to happen. What have to done sitting behind your Taiwan made computer screen. Pull a Bambi on the rhetoric, get off the couch, dig in and help. Got an election coming up?

Sometimes I will edit a post if I notice I missed a comma. Sometimes it is late at night, and I don't catch my mistakes!

-
Back