Do 13-inch wheels and tires have any value?

-

fzmax

Reaction score
Before I put this in the for sale section I'd like to know if these have any value:

Header_1.JPG

The tires are 650 x 13 US Royals. They have no more than 3,000 miles on them as that is all the previous owner put on the car. I suspect he didn't buy them when he first got the car, but I don't know for sure.

The hubcaps are in very nice shape, I'm pretty critical and would call these slightly better than driver quality. The wheels were a tan color that the PO painted black. There is no rust on any of them. The fifth wheel is a spare and is not as nicely painted and the tire is crappy.

To be honest I want them gone because the car rides and drives just like a '63 Plymouth. Today's tires are so much better I can't enjoy driving around on these.

Pictures:

Hubcaps.JPG

Hubcap_1.JPG

Hubcap_2.JPG

Hubcap_3.JPG

Hubcap_4.JPG

Tread_1.JPG

Tread_2.JPG

Tread_3.JPG

Tread_4.JPG

Wheel_1.JPG

Wheel_2.JPG

Wheel_3.JPG

Wheel_4.JPG

Wheel_5_Spare.JPG

Tire stores rarely have decent used 13 inch tires today. 2 new 13s on my daughters Geo cost me 121.00 mounted and balanced. Some off brand I dont recall. The brand names dont make 13s today.
Bottom line, the wheels and hubcaps aren't worth their shipping weight but the tires should sell locally.

They sure look very nice to me =D> I would would say they are in expellant shape :thumbrig:
I am in the same situation :-k Mine are 66 model and was tan painted also.
But I am bad to be a pack rat and I am not sure if I want to sell my original wheels and I really think that if some one wanted a factory set for a 63 they should sell, How much :dontknow: Just a bump and hopes a tec or some one interested will chime in for ya :-D

I changed to 14'' Ralley's and the beauty rings I added to the factory wheels

Ralley's 009.jpg

Ralley's 007.jpg

Yo memike, tell the wife you want Gorilla nuts for Christmas :)
I just noticed the Royals are bias ply tires. Those may be desired by a trailer queen owner. Good luck

I was going to say that they would be good for rollers but they are in really nice shape (incl. the hubcaps). and someone may want to use them at a show. I hate to say it but they look really good on your car. Although difficult to locate, maybe a search for some 13" radials might be worth the trouble.

Yo memike, tell the wife you want Gorilla nuts for Christmas :)
I just noticed the Royals are bias ply tires. Those may be desired by a trailer queen owner. Good luck

Mine are Remington P 175/80R13 Radials I think the tallest 13'' you can get.
I have the lug nut's I just have not put them on yet :cheers:

920 sterday night 047.jpg

don't think they are worth too much. rims and hub caps may have some if you find someone that really wants them but a bias ply tire is worthless except for a show car. and if they aren't the original type of tire then they aren't going on a show car either.

Here's my opinion, since you asked.
The tires are neat, correct or not, they have that look that is lost with all new tires. The size hurts you but the fact that they are 13's and not made much any more will give you some value back. Overall they will be the least desirable items of the bunch.
The hub caps are probably worth ten bucks each, on a good day, to someone with a Valiant.
The wheels could either be used as is for an A body, even as rollers, or sold to Stockton Wheel to be made into larger wheels. The small bolt centers are what gives those wheels value. Maybe another ten each here.
Hate to say it, but overall, the whole set is probably worth $40-$50 complete. You might consider breaking them apart if you are serious about selling them.

It's crazy, I found the tires online for $140 each, the hubcaps anywhere from $25 to $90 each, but that is from tire and hubcap dealers not people actually trying to sell something.

The PO bought them because he wanted the correct wheels, hubcaps and tires which he did use in car shows. The funny thing is he got the car with dog dish hubcaps and radials which is what I want on the car. He sold those cheap and bought these high. I'll probably wind up doing the same thing.

Obviously, they still make the tires and someone must be buying them. I guess it's a matter of finding someone looking for a set. I'll put a post in the for sale section, if that doesn't work there's always eBay...

BTW, I picked these up on Sunday. I still want black steel wheels with dog dishes, but these fit perfect and would work great for slicks:

Wheels.JPG

The big boys, Pirelli, Michelin, & Goodyear all make a 175/70-13 radial tire. So does Kumho if you want to consider them a major player. The 175/70-13 will give you a slightly smaller rolling diameter than the 6.50-13, but it will give you a slightly larger footprint. In terms of section width, the 175-13 is the closest replacement to the 7.00-13. Beyond a 175mm section width, you're looking at a trailer tire or a racing tire.

The tires you have on the rims are in incredible condition. I'd hate to see them wind up on a discard pile somewhere. All of the first generation compacts, except the Tempest, used 13s. The market for the tires is much larger than just this site.

Because radials are so much better on the street, I agree with another member who suggested that the tires are best suited for someone who has a concours type restoration.

As far as I know, Mopar didn't use US Royal as an OEM supplier. GM did.
(My father and I both had dreadful experience with OEM US Royal tires. To this day, I would not own another one.)

-
Back