Do I need a road racing oil pan?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Bout sums it up. Street car, spirited back roads, heavy braking, on and off ramps, occasional auto cross. Do I really need that Milidon oil pan or am I just trying to make myself spend money, that might be better used somewhere else?

Street car? probally not...... BUT, the Kevco pan would be a good peice of mind, and cheaper than the roadrace pan as well.

I love my Milodon road race oil pan! I also stuffed a stud girdle and Teflon bladed up and down stroke crank scrapper. Just to throw this out there the milodon pan was design with the help of a member on here, autoxcuda.

While slosh in the pan is what i think your considering, don't discount the type of pump used and the sustained rpm range where the below activity is happening. How much oil remains in the pan at that time will also determine whether a upgrade is warrented.

spirited back roads, heavy braking, on and off ramps, occasional auto cross.

Just one senario......5qt. standard pan, high volume pump, consistant 4-6k and then the above quote......probably not a good idea.

Stock pump, lower revs and just a few quick hits....probably ok.

I don't know alot about available pans for the autox type activities, but if you have any reservations, the upgrade may be a good idea.

-
Back