Do I need small block or big block 727 for 5.7 swap??

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Building 5.7 stroker for race car. Want to run a 727 torqueflight behind it, I'm told they will bolt up, but does it have to be a big block or small block 727??

small block 727 with addition of spacer you can get from mancini racing or street and performance

small block 727 with addition of spacer you can get from mancini racing or street and performance
Thanks. Do you have any experience with Coan Racing? They also build race trannies. I've seen the warning thread about TCI trannies....

The guy I would recommend is Cope Racing Trans. (CRT ) He's more than helpful and builds a bullet proof transmission.

Re the bell housing shim....a lot of guys didnt/dont use It........me included - I suspect it comes down to the size and shape of the converter bush

The guy I would recommend is Cope Racing Trans. (CRT ) He's more than helpful and builds a bullet proof transmission.

Re the bell housing shim....a lot of guys didnt/dont use It........me included - I suspect it comes down to the size and shape of the converter bush
Thanks, I will give them a call.

-
Back