DO i PUT THIS MEMBER ON BLAST OR NOT???????????????????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
here is the deal. i had the 360 built engine, and 4 speed setup for sale. i got a pm from a member that he wanted to buy it all as a package deal. to be honest, i sold him the entire setup for ALOT less than i was asking for just the engine alone. i try to help people out, as many can attest to that i have dealt with. so, we talked till like 10 at night, and he said he would come pick it up in the morning, as long as i pulled it out that night. done deal!. so, i got it all pulled out including pedals, hump, and everything drivetrain wise for him by like 7 the next morning, as he said he would be here by 9 am.. well, 9-10-11 go by, and i finally get a call from him telling me that he is just leaving! i was furious, as he could not even call to keep me up to date. at first, i told him to forget about it, that i would just sell it to someone else. but, cause i had a worker to pay for the over night hours, i decided to let him come get it anyway.

well, once he got here, he decided to buy alot more stuff from me.
so, we came up with the total, and after truck was loaded, i get hit with him not having all the cash on him. 290.00 short! alot may think i am an asshole, because i part these cars out, but i told him it was ok, to just send it to me. he said he would send it in the next two days!.
another part of the story is, while it was a running driving setup ready to go into another car, he noticed one of the lower ears broke off the trans where it mounts to the bell. we did not see it as we pulled it out, as whoever had it last put a bigger washer over it.

so, we decided that i would get him another case for free when i find one.
no where in the deal was it for him to hold the 290.00 as ransome.

it has been at least two weeks, so i called him the other night to politly ask him where the remainder of the money is, and to tell him i have a line on a case, but just have to meet the other member(he is 3.5 hours from me) to trade him a front duster glass for a case.
his reply was, well, i was waiting to send the money till i got a case from yuo!. i did not even know what to say. as i let him leave here with thoudsands of dollars worth of parts, and not be paid in full, to trust him.
i an not mad anymore, but rather hurt. i trusted him, AND HE TOLD ME HE WOULD SEND THE MONEY IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. HE did not say " well, ill send the money when i get a case"
i feel portrayed, used and thrown to the curb like trash.
money is tight, and i told him that, and i need a few more things to finish pinky, and could of really used it like yesterday!.
so he finally said i was right, and would send it out asap. i think this was last wensday, now monday, still no m/o like he said he would do

am i being nieve? do i have a valid argument to be hurt? i told him i would get him a case as soon as either i found one on here for sale, or once my brother gets back from milatary at the end of january.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

This is why I like to do deals on the open forum instead of all the PMs. If there is ever a question the history is already in print. You have always been a stand up guy and have honored your word as far as I know. You were nice enough to extend the olive branch and the buyer needs to send the $290.00 and wait a reasonable time to get his case.

I think a link to this thread being sent to him would be in order and a phone call. If he hasn't came up with the money and took care of this with in 5 days then then name should be posted.

PM him and send him a link to this tread....give he a couple of days to respond...then lite the fuse.....

bummer...

I don't think you should "out the guy" just yet though.

It sounds like this person could have handled things a little differently in that they could have called to keep you up to date.

and if it was ME if the guy said he didnt have all the cash and I did not PERSONALLY know the person.....I would have took out some parts to even out the value to what he DID have enough cash for and i would have told him (Ill hold these parts for you until you can get the funds around)....and I would possibly even drop the price a little for the guy to make up for his gas and time having to come all the way back out.

as for the broken tab on the trans.....sucks when stuff like that happens. and its a tough call because I can see where your comikng from and i can see where he is coming from also. I don't think you should be held responsible for replacing it being that you were not aware of it. HOWEVER the nice thing to do would be to get the guy a replacement just to show no hard feelings.

as for the guy holding the money....kind of sounds stingy being that you hooked him up with what you make sound like a heck of a deal. and if you both agreed on him owing you the cash than its only fair he pay it to you. but I am assuming the guy is holding it until you get the replacement because he knows your bitter about the whole deal and doesnt want to get screwed over by you and not get a replacement after handing you the cash (not that you would do that....just saying maybe thats whats running through this persons head).

maybe you guys can politly chat and come to an agreement....put something in writing so he has some reassurance in knowing that you are bound by contract to get a replacement. Or maybe agree to take half of whats owed and the guy can foot the bill on his own and find a replacement case. or agree to take half of whats owed to you now and the other half when you present a replacement case.

its a tough situation.

I have been burned on deals like that before and i find that the best way to stay in the clear on all deals rather your a seller or buyer is to follow some guide lines. ask ALOT of questions, give ALOT of details, ask/give detailed pictures,get things in writing, paid in full or no deal unless a contract is writeen (even then the sold objects do not leave my possession until fully paid for....I treat it as a deposit) .

good luck to ya Joe

honestly dusterdude, even if i do not get the money, he will still get a case from me. that is how my grandfather taught me to do business. and i live my life by that rule, knowing i still did all right on my side of the deal
yes, i did give him deals. perfect v8 rad for 30 buck, good nice straight hood 10 bucks....... it was a ton of nickel and dime stuff, just to give it all a better home than it sitting outside! every few months i have to liqudate, as my landlord gets bitchy about all the stuff.lol

yup, it does sound like you gave this guy some good deals. he should atleast come to a realization and see that you hooked him up and pay up whats owed and trust that you will come through on your end.

hope thats how it ends up coming about for your sake anyways.

and the nerve he has for slowing down project pinky....not all of us on fabo that have been watching your build might have to sit on the side lines if the project gets delayed HAHA.

anyways, like was mentioned already, I say send him a link to this thread. and then if he wants he can post his side of the story. or atleast put a fire under his butt to do the right thing and know if he is trying to screw you around he could potentially be outcasted from fabo lol

......I believe the buyer would rather have another tranny as he probably would have to pay to have it changed over.....I can tell u that i've got a few lessons i didnt want or need.....no matter how much u try to help someone, u sometimes get bitten..............kim........

Sounds more like a "failure to communicate" and I put the blame on him. Seems like he was making convenient assumptions about unspoken contracts. I see it a lot with people, especially the new smart phone generation. You state something very clearly, usually in a paragraph or two, asking maybe 4 questions and they just answer "yes". They can't even read the whole first sentence. Simple laziness, and they turn around and fault me for being too wordy.

No. He said he'd send you the money in a couple of days... end of story. He's jerking you around! Sux being a nice guy sometimes.

nah, i do not want any hard feelings with the guy,a nd would love to continue to do business with him.

I always carry extra cash when I go on road trips for parts just in case the seller has something else that I want to buy.

But he agreed to the deal, he should honor it.

You should post his name so we can get a witch hunt together and tar and feather him...

honestly dusterdude, even if i do not get the money, he will still get a case from me. that is how my grandfather taught me to do business. and i live my life by that rule, knowing i still did all right on my side of the deal
yes, i did give him deals. perfect v8 rad for 30 buck, good nice straight hood 10 bucks....... it was a ton of nickel and dime stuff, just to give it all a better home than it sitting outside! every few months i have to liqudate, as my landlord gets bitchy about all the stuff.lol

Wish I was closer to you 340plot. I wouldn't sneeze at a $10 hood.

I think you are being far past reasonable. This guy should have had all the cash with him in the first place but short of that, he should have been grateful for the deals you gave him and paid up right away.

Jack

Always interested in hearing everyside of a story. Doesn't seem to be any health issues mentioned but who knows. Like said before, PM the guy and point em to this thread and let him know curious minds are awaiting his reply. Sounds as though you are trying to be fair IMO.
Small Block

keep the case until you see your money.if the money doesnt show in another week,throw him under the bus, because no matter how you look at it, he still owes you the money and he agreed to pay it, even given the damaged case. there was no deal made to pay you AFTER he got a new case.it sounds like the replacement case was a bonus, because even after he saw the damage,he still agreed to take it, and pay you the rest of your money.he could have refused it or agreed on a lesser price.it sounds like he got hooked up as it is, and should be grateful for the deals he got in the first place.who knows,maybe he had all the money to begin with, and decided the damaged case was worth the 290 in his head. either way ,he agreed to pay you.i really hate that crap.this isnt craigslist. i had a guy show up to buy a 225/6 with a 3 speed manual tranny.a COMPLETE set-up .bolt in and go.i ran an add on CL for 250 bucks, we agreed on 200, we get it loaded up in his truck, then the guy has the balls to tell me he only has 150 bucks.i told him bullsh*t, and i started to jack it back up and unload it, then he got 50 more magically from his dad.he owes you the money, period.

I've seen lots of manual trans cases with one or more ears welded back on. Owners change a clutch and dont tighten the ears evenly.:(
Anyway... To weld the ears back on you first have to have the pieces.
If I was promised a good usable case I would probably withhold a portion of the money until we could both settle the score.
290 bucks is a good incentive to find the guy a case. I can imagine the guy had another 300 in a different pocket. He likely has an idea what a trans case and gut transplant will cost too.
Your not seeing and reporting the missing bolt ears in advance is just one of the downfalls that result from haste.
If there is a lesson for all to learn here, Dont allow buyers or sellers push you.

There is no way in hell I could show up and load everything up just to say I am almost $300 shy of what I said I had!!! That right there has me worried about his ethics....
I hope things turn out, sounds like he played you... I sure hope not.

Although I believe you gave him some great deals, and I, personally would be ecstatic with what you did, including working all night to prepare the parts, he probably felt that by holding the extra cash he would "guarantee" the replacement of the case. I could see this in a transaction where the seller is unknown, but if he is a member here, he should obviously be aware of your integrity - and trust your word on the matter.

I dont agree with what he has done, although in his mind he may feel that what he has done is "good business practice"

I'd point him here, allow him to apologize and square up with you, and chalk it up as a buyer you may not want to deal with again.

Grant

[ i try to help people out, as many can attest to that i have dealt with. so, we talked till like 10 at night, and he said he would come pick it up in the morning, as long as i pulled it out that night. done deal!. so, i got it all pulled out including pedals, hump, and everything drivetrain wise for him by like 7 the next morning, as he said he would be here by 9 am.. well, 9-10-11 go by, and i finally get a call from him telling me that he is just leaving! i was furious, as he could not even call to keep me up to date.]..
I feel no sympathy for you. You did the excact samething to me and my son but worse. You called us and told us you were on your way and not to sell the car to the other person. After waiting all day You never showed . You never called and did not answer our calls.

When you did accidently answer your phone placed from another Number you told me your kids had fevers and you were at the hospital with them. At the same time you were posting pictures of yourself closing in your make shift garage. You didn't know I knew who you were on this site. you were also bragging on how you were watching a auction and had me on the line if it fell through.

I believe this is what they call Carma. What goes around comes around. :D

You recently had threads asking for a hood , and then a fender. I responded for both for trade or what ever you had.Just to get you to call, Your repley was LOL.:finga:.

What ever happens to you with this you deserve. You are no better than the person your :crybaby:crying about. I hope he keeps your money.

I also don't believe your problems should be handled through this forum. You delt with this member in person by yourself. You should handle it yourself. :pain10: :boxing:

My posts about you were taking off because you:crybaby: cried about me telling of what you did .

You have a nice day Joe :poke:

If you really cry maybe you can get this removed. :crybaby:LOL :D Steve

nah, i do not want any hard feelings with the guy,a nd would love to continue to do business with him.

well if it was me I would want the 290 and never to do any business with him again. he came to your place knowing full well what you were asking and then wanted more parts and never paid!

nobody leaves my yard until cash is in hand

never load your parts on to anybodies trailer/truck or let it leave the location it is sitting until there are the bills in your hand. They are your parts till cash is exchanged

I have pissed a few people off by this tactic, but i know that i will not be out anything and i know if he/she really wanted it that badly he would have the cash in hand.

I even deal with family this way because i have too many dutch relatives, but i am not dutch. My mother is :-#

[ i try to help people out, as many can attest to that i have dealt with. so, we talked till like 10 at night, and he said he would come pick it up in the morning, as long as i pulled it out that night. done deal!. so, i got it all pulled out including pedals, hump, and everything drivetrain wise for him by like 7 the next morning, as he said he would be here by 9 am.. well, 9-10-11 go by, and i finally get a call from him telling me that he is just leaving! i was furious, as he could not even call to keep me up to date.]..
I feel no sympathy for you. You did the excact samething to me and my son but worse. You called us and told us you were on your way and not to sell the car to the other person. After waiting all day You never showed . You never called and did not answer our calls.

When you did accidently answer your phone placed from another Number you told me your kids had fevers and you were at the hospital with them. At the same time you were posting pictures of yourself closing in your make shift garage. You didn't know I knew who you were on this site. you were also bragging on how you were watching a auction and had me on the line if it fell through.

I believe this is what they call Carma. What goes around comes around. :D

You recently had threads asking for a hood , and then a fender. I responded for both for trade or what ever you had.Just to get you to call, Your repley was LOL.:finga:.

What ever happens to you with this you deserve. You are no better than the person your :crybaby:crying about. I hope he keeps your money.

I also don't believe your problems should be handled through this forum. You delt with this member in person by yourself. You should handle it yourself. :pain10: :boxing:

My posts about you were taking off because you:crybaby: cried about me telling of what you did .

You have a nice day Joe :poke:

If you really cry maybe you can get this removed. :crybaby:LOL :D Steve
Not taking sides with anybody here but this is why we need a forum, that will be closed for comments, where this sort of stuff can be posted and left for all to see without the gang assualts that ALWAYS happen in these threads. Might help people be honest. So far all we have heard is Joes side. Taking nothing from Joe and the way he appears to give people deals, but you did give him a busted trans case. For some of us it would not be a big deal to swap the guts into another case for others it will result in a bill from a shop, which is probably what the guy was trying to avoid in the first place. Just like Joe is fired up put yourself inthe other guys shoes, he no doubt was hoping to get a useable trans, not a busted up core.

never load your parts on to anybodies trailer/truck or let it leave the location it is sitting until there are the bills in your hand. They are your parts till cash is exchanged

I have pissed a few people off by this tactic, but i know that i will not be out anything and i know if he/she really wanted it that badly he would have the cash in hand.

I even deal with family this way because i have too many dutch relatives, but i am not dutch. My mother is :-#

Heck its common knowledge here near Detroit to never trust strangers, lol

I would not even had pulled the engine before getting a the cash in hand. If the deal doesn't go through how will you run the engine for another buyer ?

People can be jerks and not play fairly, sounds like he got a great deal and can't even be thankful for it:protest:

And here is the OTHER side of this story............... The deal was originally discused for the "465 horsepower" 360, and the compleat A body 4 speed setup. After a discussion about the motor, it was concluded that that was an inaccurate figure.. So the price got negotiated down.. It was JOE HIMSELF that came up with the final price, I didnt even make an offer.. then he insisted I had to come that night... no way I said, I will come tomorrow... I ask Joe how early was to early to leave, he didnt say. I had a few things come up at home the next morning that caused me to not be able to leave untill closer to lunch time. I called Joe to inform him of this. At this point he said, forget it, I will sell to someone else, and I said, OK fine with me, you dont wont to sell, It doesnt matter to me. Then he calms down, and says come get it........... so I drive all the way up there, get out and check this thing out.. first thing I see is a broken transmission case.. Joe proceeds to start cursing, and goes outside to cool off I guess. I wasnt happy with the deal at that point... He then explains that the deal is such a good one, he can only try to get me a case from his brother or somewhere, and I will have to deal with swapping it out on my dime... After THIS problem cools off, he starts asking what else will I buy??? I told him I didnt need anything else unless it was give away dirt cheap stuff.. So, he proceeds to load up the truck with tons of small stuff, to up his sale. I told him, I brought enough for the engine deal, which I told him BEFORE hand... and little extra, and that I would send him the rest, which by the way, I allready have sent him.. I am still out a good trans case....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back