[IMPORTANT] DO NOT upgrade to Windows 10 until you read this

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note. I would strongly recommend that you don't upgrade to Windows 10 at this time.

There are things about it that have been reported to not work well or at all. There have been many discussions about this in the tech world.

There have also been reports that Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft and even may include a keylogger which will record and pass on every keystroke you make to Microsoft.

SO, I'm passing my advice along to you guys. From what I've read there are big privacy concerns and problems with things like drivers and what not.

So tread carefully before you accept the "free" upgrade to Windows 10.

Watch this video - This guy works for Microsoft:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOSLCxMUM6Y"]Top 5 Reasons To Not Upgrade to Windows 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the heads up boss.

Thanks.. Robert Nori (Coast to Coast AM), had an article about this last week.

I just got one question. How do I get the stupid Windows 10 icon outta my toolbar?

I drove over to my brothers apartment and was wanting to use his computer and he said he just unloaded windows 10, I said I would not do that from what I seen on fabo (Tony Field's post) and two day later he is trying to remove it.... Yep Do not up load folks , he is still trying to repair and remove to go back to windows 7 or 8 .. Pays to be here at least once a day I told him..

I drove over to my brothers apartment and was wanting to use his computer and he said he just unloaded windows 10, I said I would not do that from what I seen on fabo (Tony Field's post) and two day later he is trying to remove it.... Yep Do not up load folks , he is still trying to repair and remove to go back to windows 7 or 8 .. Pays to be here at least once a day I told him..

I had a bad feelin about windows 10 free download. deleted it from my email before proceeding w/ down load, seems to have got rid of the pop up.:coffee2:

I always wait a year or better after a new version. When I needed a new laptop for the tool truck a few years ago I had a hard time finding one with Windows 7. Every new one came with Windows 8 and they were having problems with it. I found a couple new Toshiba's with 7 installed and bought them both. (knock on wood) They have been great!

Keylogger......sounds like the paranoid folks are running rampant here.....

Do you think MS wouldn't do that if they could get away with it? :D

MS is, and has been enhancing their data collection abilities for some time now, so their new user agreement and OS are a big step for them to do so legally.
(Not right, but legal)
It could be called paranoid, or it could be called being ahead of the curve.

Nothing paranoid about it Doug, there has been numerous articles out about Microsoft collecting Data, just like Google does.

Think about the implications.

Also, I would have to ask, why?

Carly Fiorina was Chairman of the CIA's external advisory board. I'm sure Zuckerberg and Google CEO have a working relationship with the "agency's" too.

Also ask yourself, "why would Microshaft" give away an OS for free? They never have before, and have always been "the opposite," guarding their systems and copyrights with a vengeance.

Just reverted back to Windows 8.1 on my computer. No need in giving up more privacy than I already do.All I do is surf the web and save a few pictures anyway so I don't really need the latest and greatest. The only glitch in going back was my Desktop Shortcuts don't work correctly and will need to be redone for some reason.

Just reverted back to Windows 8.1 on my computer. No need in giving up more privacy than I already do.All I do is surf the web and save a few pictures anyway so I don't really need the latest and greatest. The only glitch in going back was my Desktop Shortcuts don't work correctly and will need to be redone for some reason.

You mean a Microsoft product that messed something up?

Say it ain't so. :D

Yes there is!

People. ...PLEASE try Linux Mint 17.2.....it's FREEEEEE and you will love it!

Screw Windows! !!!!!!

I used Mint for a very long time, but had some recent problems "I could not fix" Previously I used Ubuntu until they tried to "force" (un) Unity on us. I recently went BACK to Ubuntu which now as a version you can download with "Mate" integrated. I REALLY like the "Software Center" that just works SWELL

-
Back