Do Schumacher slant six to 340 motor mounts raise engine?

-
I know this sounds simple, but did you put a new Air Cleaner assembly on the 340. With that Intake, you have to have a drop base air cleaner.
Yes I did and it helped but I’m not there yet .

It would help a lot if the OP posted more info and pics of what he has instead of making everyone guess. Kim
What is there to guess about? I put Slant Six to 340 Schumacher motor mounts with biscuits on my 340 with six cylinder. K frame set the motor in and the head won’t close. No guesswork there, sir.

What is there to guess about? I put Slant Six to 340 Schumacher motor mounts with biscuits on my 340 with six cylinder. K frame set the motor in and the head won’t close. No guesswork there, siir
Still no pics! Pics sure would help. Do u want help or not? Cut a hole in the hood. Problem solved! Kim

Last edited:
What is there to guess about? I put Slant Six to 340 Schumacher motor mounts with biscuits on my 340 with six cylinder. K frame set the motor in and the head won’t close. No guesswork there, sir.

Still no pics! Pics sure would help. Do u want help or not? Cut a hole in the hood. Problem solved! Kim
Kim
I will take some pics this morning. I don’t want to cut a hole in the hood. I want a sleeper look to the car.

Kim
I will take some pics this morning. I don’t want to cut a hole in the hood. I want a sleeper look to the car.
Could it be whoever bolted the biscuits to the mount put them on upside down?

A trained eye would spot that in a picture quite fast

Here are
Some
Pictures

IMG_5752.jpeg

IMG_5750.jpeg

IMG_5748.jpeg

I didn't read thru the complete thread, But:
The "spitfire" headers that layson sells you need to specify factory mounts or Schumacher mounts. The headers are different. Also on the 66 down "A" bodies Schumacher brackets allow use of the 6 cyl drag link where the factory brackets require the use of the V-8 (larger drop) drag link to clear the oil pan. So, Without personal experience, I am assuming the Schumacher mount raise the engine somewhat.

I guess I’m putting a FG hood with scoop on? Didn’t want to but I’m done. Thanks for all the help guys! This site is AWESOME because of people like you!

Veryfast, that's not a Drop Base Air Cleaner assembly. That's your other option. You should be able to use just the bottom of a Drop Base assembly to drop it down, and use your black Mopar (top) Lid.

Veryfast, that's not a Drop Base Air Cleaner assembly. That's your other option. You should be able to use just the bottom of a Drop Base assembly to drop it down, and use your black Mopar (top) Lid.
Yes it is a Mancini drop base from the MP air cleaner. It
Dropped it 3/4”. I would love to find a thinner air cleaner element

My 66 has flat engine mount, no spool mounts, went to v8 from my slant 6, intake means a bunch and carb, but I think my hood will fit, probably don't help but I had to chime in, Schumacher conversion mounts to my 360 with a torker 360 aluminum intake to a Edelbrock carb.

17028441567568896320144346831436.jpg

Nope
Not giving up
Loooking for a FG sixpack hood to install
That is a workaround, not a solution

From the pictures it looked like the two mounts were different sizes, is that true ?

And when they are installed, is the locating nub on the top or bottom?

Something seems a bit off with this. How tall is that air filter?

I run an Edelbrock air gap manifold which should be the same height as the LD340. I run a drop base air cleaner that has .625" of drop and a ~2.5" tall air filter element, with a holley 750 double pumper and a 1" tall spacer between the intake and carb. I have the same MP air cleaner lid and a ‘71 Dart hood. And I have the later factory block spool mount K. I don’t have much clearance, but nothing hits the hood. So you shouldn’t have to cut the hood to get that combination under it.

This is the air filter in the picture, I’ve also run a Hastings paper filter but it looks like they’ve discontinued that part number.

K&N E-2865 K&N Washable Lifetime Performance Air Filters | Summit Racing

99a6264d-64ab-4fa5-b4bf-f32d9435d796-jpeg-jpg.jpg

Yes it is. It’s from Mancini racing for the MP top

Something seems a bit off with this. How tall is that air filter?

I run an Edelbrock air gap manifold which should be the same height as the LD340. I run a drop base air cleaner that has .625" of drop and a ~2.5" tall air filter element, with a holley 750 double pumper and a 1" tall spacer between the intake and carb. I have the same MP air cleaner lid and a ‘71 Dart hood. And I have the later factory block spool mount K. I don’t have much clearance, but nothing hits the hood. So you shouldn’t have to cut the hood to get that combination under it.

This is the air filter in the picture, I’ve also run a Hastings paper filter but it looks like they’ve discontinued that part number.

K&N E-2865 K&N Washable Lifetime Performance Air Filters | Summit Racing

View attachment 1716179804
Thank you
I will reinstall the hood and see if I have the clearance and report back to the group. Thank you all for your input!
Merry Christmas

I just use a truck mount on the passenger side and it always levels perfect but I use a driver side truck mount on the passenger side...this is a 71 demon /6 to 340

20231218_100929.jpg

20231218_100944.jpg

-
Back